Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 1 May 12, 06:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Why why why! Do it the old fashioned way (and I am only 34 by the way) get a park map great to keep forever, look at the boards for ride times and have fun just wandering about looking for what has the shortest times on queues! Also what about the poor people queuing with you whilst your being all anti social able on your phones they are standing there with no one to talk too about all the great things you are experiencing in the magical land I have a son being left at home but he will be at school during the day. I'll email him at the hotel when the day is over so I can tell him properly what we have done. Yes I'll miss talking to him of course I will but I just don't think it's right being on a phone when your outabd about with others. Your on vacation! Also when you see people walking about looking at their screens instead of looking where they are going that really annoys me! Think about the poor mouse how sad he feels and the poor duck too and all the princesses when instead of looking at them people are more interested in their phones! Enjoy wishes and the parades without your phones! You look away for a second you never know what you might miss!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 12, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by cutekitty View Post
Why why why! Do it the old fashioned way (and I am only 34 by the way) get a park map great to keep forever, look at the boards for ride times and have fun just wandering about looking for what has the shortest times on queues! Also what about the poor people queuing with you whilst your being all anti social able on your phones they are standing there with no one to talk too about all the great things you are experiencing in the magical land I have a son being left at home but he will be at school during the day. I'll email him at the hotel when the day is over so I can tell him properly what we have done. Yes I'll miss talking to him of course I will but I just don't think it's right being on a phone when your outabd about with others. Your on vacation! Also when you see people walking about looking at their screens instead of looking where they are going that really annoys me! Think about the poor mouse how sad he feels and the poor duck too and all the princesses when instead of looking at them people are more interested in their phones! Enjoy wishes and the parades without your phones! You look away for a second you never know what you might miss!
Firstly, no one is forcing you to use the hi-tech approach.

And I notice you've posted on a new-fangled electronic forum on the internet (perhaps connecting via wi-fi?). Why not do it the old fashioned way and read guidebooks or just speak to people face-to-face?

Technology isn't all bad. It should be used to open up possibilities and reduce the amount of time required to gain information giving you more time to enjoy the other stuff. Admittedly some people do focus too much on the tech and not enough on other things - but that's the fault of the person, not the tech.

So, for example, you can either spend 10 seconds looking at an app telling you what the queues are like or 10 minutes searching for a board that tells you the same information. The former gives you more time to enjoy the park and your vacation, which is a good thing (IMO).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 12, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 99
Originally Posted by hvasey View Post
The people scoffing obviously have no idea how useful apps like find my friends are, instead of sitting waiting while someone goes on a busy ride, you can wander off and then they can track you/ text you on whatsapp / call you on viber, all for free on wifi.
Totally agree, as a family of 4 with young children with different needs, there has been many a time my husabnd and I have had to separate and take different children onto different rides.

My mobile bill was quite big on our return, just from text and calling each other in the parks to find out where each other were/when we would be finished etc... for this reason alone, it would be fantastic for us.

Viber,Whatsapp, imessage would be completley free.

And how magical to face time the Grandparents and actually show them where they are!
Mouse mess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 May 12, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread