Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 20 Jun 19, 09:09 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ricky_Spanish View Post
I didn't realise GE was opening while we are there. Should I do more HS for this or will it be rammed. Is there a list of rides/fastpasses available for when it opens?

How are the tiers likely to change?
It will be rammed. I think it is a personal decision whether you go or avoid. All the rides at HS other than Star Tours will become Tier 1 on the 29th I think it is.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

I did have the final HS day as a potential don't bother (you can just see it in the right hand side). Will GE mean the other parks are quieter?

Is it worth going just to have a look even if we have no chance of getting on any rides. It would be interesting to see, or would it just be frustrating?
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Ricky_Spanish View Post
I did have the final HS day as a potential don't bother (you can just see it in the right hand side). Will GE mean the other parks are quieter?

Is it worth going just to have a look even if we have no chance of getting on any rides. It would be interesting to see, or would it just be frustrating?
I don’t think anyone can answer those questions. We will all just have to wait and see what it does to crowd levels in other parks. We are there mid September and we probably will go and take a look (there is only one ride) other people will I think avoid it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

You definitely won’t get 7 Dwarfs on the 20th or Slinky on the 21st, those are gone so I wouldn’t waste time trying. I did mine yesterday and the only Slinky I could get for a 5 night stay was 7.20pm on the 23rd. I’d do Toy Story Mania on the 21st, and Slinky on 26th.

Book Slinky and FOP first. Are you doing ToT? I couldn’t spot that but that was also very limited. As has been said, on the 31st August HS is open at 6, and may well be manic to get into at midday.

Parent swap has changed since I used it last year, and reports seem to be mixed as to whether both parents need FPs. I wouldn’t risk not having them for that, other rides are probably likely to be ok. Your older child will get given parent swap added to their magic band to ride again with the second parent
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_Dreams
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Sorry to but in, what is GE please? And when does it open? I can’t find it in the search tool. Thank you x
Disney_Dreams is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Troyston
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Hi. My FP window also opened today. Was logged on and ready to go at 1200. Had to log out and back in again initially but was all done and dusted by 1230. I used touring plans to see in advance what FPs were left and tweeked my plans slightly as today approached.
I had no problems getting all the FPs I wanted for the times I wanted so really impressed at the MDE.
Troyston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Did our Fp's yesterday, we booked our favourite rides for the latter days of the hols as couldn't get any for first 4 days. Make sure you have laptops and mobiles logged in so you can book Fps for different days at the same time!
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Its difficult to get 9am, 10am and 11am all lined up, you will prob end up with 9.15, 10.20, 11.25 etc- we ran into this a lot- Sometimes you can modify them to fit better but not with SWMT etc. This might be an issues when you have a 12.00/12.30 dinner reservation. I ran into this a few times. you might need to book a third post lunch on those days unless you get lucky.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Ricky_Spanish
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Thanks all. All booked for better or for worse. I like the idea of using different devices but I'm not Commander Data from star trek lol. Chrome on desktop worked ok with the occasional glitch.

GE for the person who asked is Galaxy's Edge the star wars land at HS. It partially opens on 29th with a millennium falcon ride. I think it's opening in stages.

No slinky or 7 dwarfs for a few days as was mentioned and times a bit hit an miss.

I will look up touring plans. Is it something you have to pay for?

I'll post up my new spreadsheet as soon as I've added everything on.

With this done and the flight seats sorted now it's just countdown time.

Edited at 01:49 PM.
Ricky_Spanish is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 19, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Yes, there's a joining fee for Touring Plans but it's not that much. Well done, bet you're relieved you've done it! And you always modify your Fp's at any time if your plans change.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List