Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 12 Jul 08, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

The rest of the hardys loved it but i remember the old shows and i wasn't impressed, i use to like the old whale and dolphins show with the 2 beluga whales, belinda and bianca as well as false killer whales and a mixture of dolphins. The old shamu show years ago where they told you about the training of them and introduced the family of whales and selected a kid from the audience to rub them was much better!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 08, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dougie
Imagineer

Dougie's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Lets face it, there are also plenty of cheesey bits in all theme parks, Disney included.

I prefererred the old Shamu show but still enjoyed Believe. As for the Armed Forces salute, at least the Americans acknowledge their people serving abroad which is a heck of a lot more than we do!
Dougie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 08, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post

We both felt that Blue Horizons was way better than Believe.
Clyde and Seymour was also fab.
It is amazing how the trainers work with these animals though.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 08, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Peanutt
VIP Dibber

Peanutt's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Shame we dont show the same respect over here for our troops as they do in the US, if you agree with it or not they are doing there job and get no choice onif they want to go or not
Peanutt is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 08, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr & Mrs Duck
Imagineer

Funny story

We sat down for this show 30 mins before and waited 30 mins after it was supposed to start. You may be wondering what on earth happened to cause the delay... a rogue whale in the performance pool She was in a bad mood according to the trainers but they did not want to punish her for being naughty so she carried on swimming around and around until she went back in but by this time the trainers decided to call the show off because of her bad behaviour! Unfortunately for us though we still had to sit through all that cheesy stuff before the show which never happened

It was quite bizarre to watch how they handled it (they didnt ). Annoyed quite a lot of people at the time but looking back now its quite a funny story.
Our little girl arrived March 2016

Mr & Mrs Duck is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 08, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
I love walmart
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I like Kraken, the rays, the manatees and Shamu Rocks - then I could leave!
I'm laughing at your username though because I think Walmart is cheesy (or is that just tacky)
Oh the Walmart is just tacky,and I love it! I've just got back from there actually, stocked up on cheap cosmetics, painkillers and Thomas toys. But I have got to find a better food store, it's a tad basic for me. Big does not equal good, I need some biq quality, small quantity food!
I love walmart is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 08, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
apollo163
Imagineer

i like the new shows but can only watch them once in each holiday
2001 private villa (poinciana blvd)
2006 villa formosa gardens
apollo163 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jul 08, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
sophiepop
Imagineer

sophiepop's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I agree, Believe was not the best Shamu show I've seen, but the Dolphin show last year was the business.

95 Indian Ridge - 98 Hamiltons Reserve - 00 Omni Rosen - 07 West Stonebridge - 09 Lake Wilson - 11/13/14 Town Centre - 16/18/20 Windwood - 22 Highland - 24 Calabria - 26 Highland
sophiepop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 08, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Mondruid
Serious Dibber

Mondruid's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I still like SeaWorld, but agree wholeheartedly with the emotional stuff, it has always made me feel extremely uncomfortable, I fail to see any connection between the armed forces and a Theme Park, or why in the world the two should be connected. Whoever came up with this idea really needs to look for another job. That a theme park feels it neccesary to encourage honour for a force that few actually comprehend is very indicative of society's flaws.

I am not alone, having spoken to many at SeaWorld after the show, who find it deeply disconcerting. I dont want the issue of displaced and misplaced honour forced down my throat, I am more than capable of honour without the help of a theme park, their job is to entertain and thrill me as far as I am concerned. I may not fully understand the true nature of sacrifice, but then neither do some members of the armed forces.

I wouldn't class the pre-show as "Cheesy", cheesy is fine, this is just...well... in the wrong place...

Doesn't put me off the park though, its just something I try and ignore whilst there and study my toes for a few minutes instead...
Mondruid is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 08, 12:39 AM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Sue View Post
I just grit my teeth through the pre-show and cheesy bits!
Much preferred the old show - Seaworld has gone for more cheese, less whale and dolphin action recently. I LOATHE Blue Horizons - seems like they've gone for an attempt at Cirque with dolphins and birds. Arty farty, all style and no substance pants!
My co-travellers this trip will want to do it as they have not seen it - I'll be sat outside chilling with a coffee!
Absolutely agree about Blue Horizons! And Sahmu is now cringingly cheesy!
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread