Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jul 08, 08:05 AM  
Link to this Post

Well... although I preferred the old Shamu show, I still LOVE Believe - I think honouring the troops is a really nice touch and means so much to so many people, and I think Blue Horizons is absolutely amazing, fantastic performers, great music - just stunning!
This is why I go to Florida though - it allows me to put aside my cynical side and just be cheesy for a few weeks a year! xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 08, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post

I agree 100% and even the Americans around us were embaressed, now i know they are all brave and doing a fantastic job but this is not the place to force opinions, (are you listening busch gardens?)
Also thought the whole park was a hypocrisy, with the saddest looking puffins and penguins i have ever seen living in the smallest glass fronted cells.
All Americans i spoke to had this park as their favourite and its easy to see why.
Wont be back.
Old 13 Jul 08, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post

Believe is awful! The old Shamu show was much better, even my two DD's thought believe was over the top in cheesiness!
Old 13 Jul 08, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
rusty30
Imagineer

We didnt bother with Believe last year - we had two trips in less than a year and just didnt fancy it again so soon.

I think you have to expect big helpings of cheese with any American theme park...
rusty30 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 08, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

Total cheese but then again I think a lot of things there are. The national anthem before Seaworld rope drop?

That film before Honey I Shrunk the Audience? Had that song "true colours" and a stack of corny pictures to boot. It went on forever and at one point I thought I was going to vomit blood.

It's the only thing about their parks I don't like. Corny American cheesy.
Old 13 Jul 08, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post

i think blue horizons is a great show combining all sorts of animals great music and acrobatics, its a general all-in-one show, whereas believe i found to be really cheesy, more about the trainers than the whales and we saw no stunts or tricks from the whales last time we was there just one jump compared to the last show where you'd get soaked, answer questions on the big screen and generally have a good time instead of doing a heroes salute lol. very cheesy indeed.
Old 13 Jul 08, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post

I love Seaworld and enjoy it's relaxed, laid back atmosphere. Agreed some aspects of the shows are cheesy but it is a theme park and these tend to go hand in hand. Also, everytime we go, I find myself getting a bit emotional at the salute to the heroes. Maybe it's my age!
Old 13 Jul 08, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SugarPlumFairy View Post
Looks like I am the one to be flamed!

I loved the whole lot! I thought it was just great, loved Sea World LOADS!
I'm with you Kerry... I love everything in Seaworld... I loved Believe... it always has me in tears... the saluting the troops thingy I think is lovely... it's a pity our own country doesn't show the same pride and respect to our soldiers...
Old 13 Jul 08, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Daza
slightly serious Dibber

Personally loved 'Believe'. It was my 5th visit to Seaworld in May this year. Overall though I personally think Seaworld has gone downhill.

It's a total money making exercise now..Dine with Shamu etc.

And why add Shamus Happy Harbour. No need for that at all!

And as for saluting the troops, as people have said previously...ours are treat like dirt. You see it in the papers how they come home to empty streets etc. At least the Americans know how to show their appreciation.
May 15th Homewood Suites near Universal.
Daza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 08, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post

i love seaworld i love the fact that they are proud enough to play the star spangled banner at park opening i love it when they salute the troops,but believe whats that all about? still ive seen it now i dont have to again
Closed Thread