Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Nov 10, 01:19 PM  
Link to this Post
hsl500
Imagineer

Hiya I went to DLP few years back and found most of the people to be rude, I had murder with 1 french lady who sat right infront of my sons wheelchair buggy in the in front of the disabled bay and then invited the whole of the family squashing us and his legs, when i asked her to move she shouted abuse at me telling me her kids want to see and wll see :angry:
i asked for help the CM and they ignored me , so in the end i pushed my sons buggy forward so he could see right into her back , mean i know but i was fuming and he couldnt see as she was tall sitting on her knees upwards

after that we done florida and best thing done so saved up past 3 yrs so can go again which is in few days time

was thinking of DLP next year but after reading this thread dont think we will
thanks

Believe in yourself and you wont go far wrong
hsl500 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 10, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
It's a holiday in France. When I go to France I expect the same kind of customer service I get anywhere else in France. If I go to McDonald's in London I don't expect US style customer service just because it's an American company.
I agree!
You will experience rudeness everywhere.
I have to say, we have not had any big problems with staff or with smoking in DLP, judging by everyone elses experiences we've been very lucky i guess!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 10, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

It is funny. The first time I went to WDW, I had already been to DLP quite a few times and I couldn't help compare MK to DLP and I was so disapointed, everyone kept building it up saying how amazing I was going to find it after DLP and it was a massive let down. It was nowhere near as good at DLP. (note I am just talking about MK)
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 10, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I think the DLP park is much better than MK... the Castle alone at DLP is far better than the one on MK... so much more could have been done with that to make it an attraction rather than a photo oppertunity.

There are rude/disinterested staff in every theme park... there are plenty in WDW/Universal/Seaworld etc etc.

Pushing in front of wheelchairs/buggies isnt exclusive to DLP.. i've been to MK loads of times, sat and waited for the parade with the kids only to find several Americans trying to push infront just as it begins,and i've never seen a CM say anything to them either.

I've never been in a theme park yet where it hasnt cost an arm and a leg to buy food and drink,whether its in France, Spain, UK or America.

For people to say they wont go based on what is essentially a very small percentage of visitors views is a little silly imo.
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 10, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

I agree Daytona! I love DLP and the castle is stunning, Pirates of the Caribbean is also great as it's in multi languages, much as it would have been in pirating times :-)

I was there for the day on Thursday and despite truly horrific weather we had a fabulous time as always, and did some major Disney shopping.

It is expensive, but it's hard to go away anywhere for less than £1000 these days.
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 10, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tink77
Imagineer

I have been to WDW 7 times and DLP 5 times. I have had a great time in both France and Florida. I do agree DLP is not perhaps as good at customer service as WDW but that is a cultural thing and if I am in Europe well then I know what to expect, lets face it customer service in USA is exceptional and I think you find it hard for anywhere to come anywhere close to its level.

I think if you go to DLP with open thoughts you will have a great time, its when you try and compare it to WDW the problems start. I can't really say I prefer one over the other as i love different aspects at each place. I think the castle at DLP is far superior as are some of the rides. While at wdw the whole scale of the resort is amazing as is the weather .

If i have 2 weeks holiday I would head for wdw but if I am needing a short disney fix DLP does the trick
tink77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 10, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by tink77 View Post
I have been to WDW 7 times and DLP 5 times. I have had a great time in both France and Florida. I do agree DLP is not perhaps as good at customer service as WDW but that is a cultural thing and if I am in Europe well then I know what to expect, lets face it customer service in USA is exceptional and I think you find it hard for anywhere to come anywhere close to its level.

I think if you go to DLP with open thoughts you will have a great time, its when you try and compare it to WDW the problems start. I can't really say I prefer one over the other as i love different aspects at each place. I think the castle at DLP is far superior as are some of the rides. While at wdw the whole scale of the resort is amazing as is the weather .

If i have 2 weeks holiday I would head for wdw but if I am needing a short disney fix DLP does the trick

Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 10, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
poppie123
Excited about Disney

I say... you have to try it for yourself rather than listen to what others say.

There will always be people who have nothing nice to say about DLP and there will always be those who love going.

Personally i love DLP, but then again i loved WDW too.
You certainly should not be put off from visiting just because of other people's view points.
poppie123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 10, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
I think we should rename DLP "Marmite Disney" - people seem to love it or hate it, there's no middle ground!

I agree with others - if you've been and didn't like it, fair enough don't go back but if you've never been then maybe it's worth finding out for yourself what it's like rather than jumping on the "it's rubbish" bandwagon before you've even tried it.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 10, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
vickiell
slightly serious Dibber

We love dlp, we go every year. I have never come across a rude cm and the customer service has always been brilliant. We were upgraded in the hotel new york this year and when we got to the room all 3 of our kids had a teddy waiting for them, I thought this was so nice of them to do this the kids loved it.

We have never found it dirty either, if you notice evry morning the pavements are wet this is because they are cleaned every night, There are always cm's around picking up litter.

We have encountered smoking and rude french people but they are like that all over france, we just try toignore them and have a good holiday.

I also agree that you either hate dlp or love it. We also love florida but with 3 kids we cannot afford to go that often.
Closed Thread