Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 30 Apr 12, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dazzabird
Excited about Disney

should be good for my eye.fi card in uploading photos for storage
dazzabird is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by sly2010 View Post
What would you want wifi for?
I just can't understand why people would go all the way to Disney then spend there time on the Internet & facebook ect... You can do that at home for free.
100% agree...although imagine the torture people go through, having to go on all those nasty rides and attractions they have saved for a year to do, when all the while they are really dying to know what that numpty philip schofield has just TWITtered..it must be unbearable
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Jeff456
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Would be really handy for Apps like Lines... other than that I don't have any major desire to carry my phone around, I would definitely welcome park wide wifi though.
WDW- Feb 1999-AS Music, Oct 2000- AS Movies, Oct 2005- AKL, Oct 2006-Offsite, Feb 2008-AS Music, Aug 2010-POFQ, Aug 2012-OKW, Sep 2014 POFQ, Aug 2017 OKW, Aug 2023 POFQ, Jan 2024 - Dockside, April 2024 Villa, Sep 2024 OKW, Dec 2024 - AS Movies

DLP - Dec 2009, July 2011, July 2019, Sep 2019, November 2022
Jeff456 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by greggo6 View Post
It will be great for the WDW lines app and other WDW apps. But I see your point, what winds me up is the people on their mobiles (or cell phones ) whilst on an attraction or in a show
I did not think about the wdw line app and yes it could be good to have. and have to agree with the cell phone especially in the show's and also the people who get up half way through WHY! Just sit down shut up, turn off the phone

Originally Posted by Dave70 View Post
100% agree...although imagine the torture people go through, having to go on all those nasty rides and attractions they have saved for a year to do, when all the while they are really dying to know what that numpty philip schofield has just TWITtered..it must be unbearable
people like this should go see the doctor and put in for a brain transplantation with a gold fish At least the gold fish would be happy to see the castle
Old 30 Apr 12, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
akv2010
Imagineer

We went pole fishing at PORR and had to endure some American woman on the phone YELLING INTO IT FOR THE ENTIRE HALF AN HOUR SHE WAS THERE! Arghhhhhhhhh - SHUT UP WOMAN.

However, it is good to be able to contact my sister because of the time difference. We used FB messaging cos my phone will not pick up my emails all the time. She was looking after the house, dogs and fish so it was nice to be able to have contact without it costing anything. In the parks is better as I had to contact her one night but it was too late and she had been up half the day before I got up the next day.
[SIZE="2"]6th Feb 15 - 2 nights in Miami, 7 night WC cruise on NCL Epic, 2 nights in The Keys, 2 nights in Cocoa Beach and 2 nights Fort LauderdaleRadisson @ Parkway 2007, DLP 05, 07, 08, 09, 11, HGVC @ Seaworld, Kidani & OKW - Oct/Nov 10, PORR Royal Room, Encantada @ Kissimmee, Dolphin Beach @ St Pete's Beach. Disney BLT - April 2012, Oct 13 - Dallas, PORR, DCL Fantasy with Autism on the Seas (W. Caribbean), BLT, Daytona, BLT
akv2010 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 12, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Me thinks that the sooner we all have little attenas in our heads the better...so those who want to do wifi stuff do not disturb the rest. As for an app on line times ---whats gonna happen?
Old 30 Apr 12, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
wakeuplaura
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lecras View Post
I'd love it just to be able to call and text DH for free during the day when I'm travelling solo, without having to go back to my resort.

Charlotte
Me too! The internet is an amazing thing - and the fact that its now going HWS-wide is awesome

Well Done Disney!

I would love to phone home and say "well i'm just having a cocktail waiting in the Fantasmic queue...!" xx

Trippies: The Three Amigos Hit Florida - October 2012 by Dibb Member, clarithy
NEW East Coast Report - NYC to Orlando Road Trip June 2014
wakeuplaura is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 12, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
hvasey
Imagineer

The people scoffing obviously have no idea how useful apps like find my friends are, instead of sitting waiting while someone goes on a busy ride, you can wander off and then they can track you/ text you on whatsapp / call you on viber, all for free on wifi.
hvasey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 May 12, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by hvasey View Post
The people scoffing obviously have no idea how useful apps like find my friends are, instead of sitting waiting while someone goes on a busy ride, you can wander off and then they can track you/ text you on whatsapp / call you on viber, all for free on wifi.
Oh no what did people do for the past 1,000's of years before wifi?
I know what you are saying but I still don't realy see the need for it. Enjoy the surroundings and soak up the wonderful atmosphere, and stop looking at the mobile phone this is my point
Old 1 May 12, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by sly2010 View Post
Oh no what did people do for the past 1,000's of years before wifi?
I know what you are saying but I still don't realy see the need for it. Enjoy the surroundings and soak up the wonderful atmosphere, and stop looking at the mobile phone this is my point
Joking aside, I don't think there's a need for it - as you say, we've managed to enjoy theme parks for dozens of years without wi-fi and mobile phones. However, it is "nice to have" and opens up possibilities. Now you don't need a walkie-talkie to keep in touch with your family - you can just Skype or email them. You could download interactive park maps which show you exactly what's going on now, when the mini-shows are about to start, which rides have short queues, where the characters currently are, etc. You could have augmented reality apps which point out hidden Mickey's as you move around the park or allow kids to go on missions (a bit like the Kim Possible or Sorcerors games currently in the parks). The possibilities are endless.

You don't have to use it but it's there if you want to. The park will still be enjoyable without it. Oh, and Disney installing wi-fi is not the reason some people feel that what's on their mobile phone is more interesting than their wonderful surroundings. That's the individual's problem.

And when the Next Gen RFID FP booking system appears, people will be able to go online using this wi-fi and book a fastpass for a ride or book a table at a restaurant. That FP slot or table reservation will then be associated with their hi-tech wristband.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread