Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Mar 15, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
CreakingStool
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Mobile

Just to add, we were at DLP in Feb half term when it was busy and smoking really wasn't an issue for us. Hardly saw anyone smoking the whole time. Maybe we were lucky. Now I really dislike smoking but I certainly wouldn't let it stop me visiting an outdoor theme park! our family had a blast and we'll be visiting again next year.

A long awaited Disney Fix. DLP June 2023, me and my girl

CreakingStool is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

i have been to Anaheim,and orlando 7 times . First time i went to Paris i was apprehensive but i was wowed it was lovely, i cant understand everyones gripe about age old smoking when really the poor old smokers are put in corners even in outside areas now and still dont complain ,i realize in Paris they have different ideas about this so when we go there if we dont like the occassional smoke move away, you are outside it wont hurt you, dont pull out areosols in their face or tut its their country...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
msdisneytonian
Imagineer

msdisneytonian's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 6
We complaied about the smoking a few years ago to Customer Relations at the Studios, we were told its their right to smoke and they could not stop them. I pointed out this happened in the queue for Crush but the CM just shrugged his shoulders.

It happens now so we try and ignore it but the most stupid and dangerous thing I saw on our recent trip was a smoker who had come through the FP entrance for BTM stood behind me on the bridge that crossed the track before entering the building, stick her still glowing ciggie butt in between the boards I just looked at her, shook my head and fished it out and stubbed it out properly..unbelievable, she even had the nerve and took advantage and passed me - says it all really :angry:
msdisneytonian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by macdonald View Post
dont pull out areosols in their face or tut its their country...
Can I just confirm that my workmate never sprayed her aerosol into anyone's face. She merely sprayed the air immediately in front of her which she is perfectly allowed to do. The other side of the coin is that what smokers exhale surrounds everybody - you only have to watch that demo advert on the TV. I'm quite happy for them to pollute themselves - their choice but don't see why I should have to share it.

And just to add, whilst Disneyland Paris may be in France it's ethos is to be "European".
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 06:42 PM  
Link to this Post
macdonald
Imagineer

Originally Posted by geoffa View Post
Can I just confirm that my workmate never sprayed her aerosol into anyone's face. She merely sprayed the air immediately in front of her which she is perfectly allowed to do. The other side of the coin is that what smokers exhale surrounds everybody - you only have to watch that demo advert on the TV. I'm quite happy for them to pollute themselves - their choice but don't see why I should have to share it.

And just to add, whilst Disneyland Paris may be in France it's ethos is to be "European".
it would be interesting to know which would do more polluting cigarette smoke or aerosol spray? , anyway we have to all try and accommodate each other."its a smallworld after all "...
macdonald is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

News on twitter. People have been refused entry to WDS due to smoking while waiting to enter. I think that may mean they had to put cigarette out before entering. An audio notification has been playing in ride queues stating the the park is non smoking and the nearest smoking area is AofA. Sounds like something may actually be happening.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Mar 15, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Didn't hear that today at WDS. Great if true though.

Despite the parks being crazy busy today, we have noticed very little smoking we couldn't get away from.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 15, 09:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by msdisneytonian View Post
We complaied about the smoking a few years ago to Customer Relations at the Studios, we were told its their right to smoke and they could not stop them. I pointed out this happened in the queue for Crush but the CM just shrugged his shoulders.

It happens now so we try and ignore it but the most stupid and dangerous thing I saw on our recent trip was a smoker who had come through the FP entrance for BTM stood behind me on the bridge that crossed the track before entering the building, stick her still glowing ciggie butt in between the boards I just looked at her, shook my head and fished it out and stubbed it out properly..unbelievable, she even had the nerve and took advantage and passed me - says it all really :angry:
Thats totally out of order what the smoker done msdisneytonian..I would of totally lost it...:angry:
Old 9 Mar 15, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post

I have to say, having been to wdw previously and seeing how strict they are on smoking, I was surprised at what was allowable in Paris. We just got back last night and I witnessed several incidents of people smoking in queues, lighting up in crowds for the parade/dreams and wandering around with lit cigarettes.

I'm a smoker, and I made a real effort to go to the smoking areas or find a very quiet nook somewhere, I also always bin my cigarette ends, I was really shocked at people's lack of consideration for others.
Old 9 Mar 15, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Dharma - see above re French law. CMs are not able to make people stop smoking, only a police officer can.

I was there Wednesday to Sunday and only saw one person smoking in a queue (and she was a Brit actually). CMs do ask people to stop, and we heard a PA announcement at Ratatouille saying smoking was only allowed in designated areas. It's a problem when the park is busy, but even on Saturday when everything was rammed, we found we could always move away.

CMs do try, but the standard response from guests (from Brits as much as anyone) is defiance, apathy or aggression, so there is only so much they can do.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread