Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 29 Sep 06, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Shrek 4D at Universal !

Although the "show" is very good try to catch the characters outside, to the right.

Shrek is a "guy in a suit" BUT Donkey is a puppet with someone doing a very good impression of Eddie Murphy. There's obviously a camera sited somewhere because Donkey talks, back chats and goodes on lookers like only Murphy can. IT'S INCREDIBLY FUNNY STUFF.

I guy behind me last week had a huge black moustache and he wasn't going to come forward to talk BUT Donkey wasn't having any of it. He kept goodeing "hey you with the tache... you gonna come speak to me or what."

My wife and I went over to have a chat and have a photo taken. Wife got so shy that she wouldn't answer Donkey's questions so he started chatting her up as only "Eddie Murphy" can. It was hilarious.

He turned to me and asked.." hey dude, whats char wafes name...she don't know" ...I told him "Lucille...shes South African"... "Realllllllllly" he said.

He then turned to my wife, smiled with huge teeth showing and said..
"Hellooooooooooo Lucilllllllllllllllllllllllle... I ain't ever dated a South African woman before and I lerrrrve a shy broad"... I was in histerics...

Edited at 01:52 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 06, 02:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Now thats funny!

Especially as i have the inside info on it, i can set up the rest of the family.

Thanks
Old 29 Sep 06, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Must see if I can get to see donkey!

Bob
Old 29 Sep 06, 07:09 AM  
Link to this Post

We must look out for him this time as my boys will love this - we saw Shrek and Princess Fiona 2 years ago and the boys asked why there wasnt a Donkey - Where exactly is Donkey situated? And how often?

Edited to say "OOOOHHHHHH LOOK AT MY COUNTDOWN! "
Old 29 Sep 06, 07:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Big Geo
Serious Dibber

[QUOTE=freckles11]We must look out for him this time as my boys will love this - we saw Shrek and Princess Fiona 2 years ago and the boys asked why there wasnt a Donkey - Where exactly is Donkey situated? And how often?

Donkey is situated in his own stable after you exit the show on the right hand side my advice is go to see the show as its brilliant and get to the very end of your row nearest the exits and hurry out as its my understanding that the characters come out at the end of each show
we were licky enough to be at the very front of the queue this year and Donkey was hilarious

Definatley one not to miss!
Aug 2007 WDW CBR/HRH
Sept 2010 Dibb Villa

Geo
Big Geo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 06, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by duggs
Although the "show" is very good try to catch the characters outside, to the right.

Shrek is a "guy in a suit" BUT Donkey is a puppet with someone doing a very good impression of Eddie Murphy. There's obviously a camera sited somewhere because Donkey talks, back chats and goodes on lookers like only Murphy can. IT'S INCREDIBLY FUNNY STUFF.

I guy behind me last week had a huge black moustache and he wasn't going to come forward to talk BUT Donkey wasn't having any of it. He kept goodeing "hey you with the tache... you gonna come speak to me or what."

My wife and I went over to have a chat and have a photo taken. Wife got so shy that she wouldn't answer Donkey's questions so he started chatting her up as only "Eddie Murphy" can. It was hilarious.

He turned to me and asked.." hey dude, whats char wafes name...she don't know" ...I told him "Lucille...shes South African"... "Realllllllllly" he said.

He then turned to my wife, smiled with huge teeth showing and said..
"Hellooooooooooo Lucilllllllllllllllllllllllle... I ain't ever dated a South African woman before and I lerrrrve a shy broad"... I was in histerics...
We saw him also very good impersonation of eddie... did you see the guy in period costume sobbing into a handkerchiefe?

He turned round to my wife and said" whats up with you, never seeen a town crier?"
Old 29 Sep 06, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Excellent tip.I missed this last time it's good to find something new.
Old 29 Sep 06, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
rnoon
Dibbing with Tink

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 14
We saw him this year and he was extremely funny, even if you don't want your photo taken it's a good laugh to just watch him talk to others.

Row

Beautiful 3 bedroom Lake View Properties.

All our villas have games rooms, PC's with highspeed internet & WIFI, themed bedrooms, BBQ's, free international calls and private un-overlooked pools.

rnoon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 06, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Hi I just to say they dont appear till 10am and I think they are there for most of day and the Donkey is very funny
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 06, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
simker
Very Serious Dibber

A man in a suit

A puppet

11/2001 (Embassy vacation resort LBV) 6/2005 (southern dunes villa), 05/2007 (Sandy Ridge villa), 12/2008 (Bass Lakes villa), 12/ 2011 (Lake Wilson villa), 7/2014 (Regal Palms), 8/2016 (Sandy Ridge villa), 9/2018 (Lake Davenport Villa), 9/2019 (Sandy Ridge Villa)

simker is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread