Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 6 Nov 20, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Definitely do DD, we have had a lovely time had to change a couple of hotels as we were booked to come home via Blackpool .
We used mainly premier inns as they were easily changed .
Apart from the first two days we were blessed with amazing weather and neither of us had been this far into Scotland ( well apart from a weekend in Edinburgh 20 years ago for me)
Everywhere has been well set up for C-19 restrictions and we have not felt uncomfortable anywhere. It’s a fair bit of driving but worth it for the scenery.
I definitely feel we will be holidaying in the UK next year unless things change a great deal, so it’s very tempting.

It’s good to know places feel safe too. We found on our one and only holiday to Pembrokeshire this year that hospitality places were excellent with safety measures and we generally felt very safe
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post

A few more photos lynx & stag at the Highland wildlife park , reindeer on Cairngorm mountain, Cairngorm waterfall and the Jacobite steam train ( the Harry Potter train ) we went on today from fort William
It looks really lovely and such a variety of things to see and do too. Enjoy the rest of your trip. I hope the weather stays nice for you
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 20, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Just wanted to share that we are going to see our son and his fiancée and puppy tomorrow who, due to the lockdowns here, we haven’t seen for around 9 weeks.

We are taking our dog Rolo to meet the puppy for the first time. I’m really hoping they get on as our son looks after Rolo when we go on our holidays. Rolo hasn’t had a lot of contact with dogs before as we live in a quiet area so he doesn’t meet lots of dogs. When we take him for walks where there are other dogs, he’s ok usually but prefers not to bother with them and gets nervous if they bother him too much so it may be a challenge tomorrow

It will be lovely to see the family again though 😀
Old 14 Nov 20, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Just wanted to share that we are going to see our son and his fiancée and puppy tomorrow who, due to the lockdowns here, we haven’t seen for around 9 weeks.

We are taking our dog Rolo to meet the puppy for the first time. I’m really hoping they get on as our son looks after Rolo when we go on our holidays. Rolo hasn’t had a lot of contact with dogs before as we live in a quiet area so he doesn’t meet lots of dogs. When we take him for walks where there are other dogs, he’s ok usually but prefers not to bother with them and gets nervous if they bother him too much so it may be a challenge tomorrow

It will be lovely to see the family again though 😀
Great news! I hope you all have a lovely visit, and that Rolo likes the new pup! 💕

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 20, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

We had a lovely day with our son and his fiancée today, it was so good to see them again. I was very worried about introducing the dogs as our dog, Rolo, is nearly 11 and not very used to other dogs. Our son looks after him when we go on holiday, so it’s very important that he gets on with their pup.

The meeting went quite well, no growling or nastiness although Rolo was a bit overexcited with him and the pup was nervous at first then a bit too bouncy. Overall, they seemed to like each other though and I think once they get together a few more times they will be friends

Navarro the pup (left) and Rolo, our dog (right)

Old 15 Nov 20, 08:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
We had a lovely day with our son and his fiancée today, it was so good to see them again. I was very worried about introducing the dogs as our dog, Rolo, is nearly 11 and not very used to other dogs. Our son looks after him when we go on holiday, so it’s very important that he gets on with their pup.

The meeting went quite well, no growling or nastiness although Rolo was a bit overexcited with him and the pup was nervous at first then a bit too bouncy. Overall, they seemed to like each other though and I think once they get together a few more times they will be friends

Navarro the pup (left) and Rolo, our dog (right)

Glad you had a good visit, and how cute are your dogs together! Navarro looks lovely pup what breed is he? 🥰

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

Glad you had a lovely day. Gorgeous picture of the dogs. Rolo reminds me of Basil Brush! Great name too, we had a wonderful little house rabbit called Rolo.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Nov 20, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
Glad you had a good visit, and how cute are your dogs together! Navarro looks lovely pup what breed is he? 🥰
He’s a chihuahua x shih Tzu and very cute 😂
Old 15 Nov 20, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Magic Mouse View Post
Glad you had a lovely day. Gorgeous picture of the dogs. Rolo reminds me of Basil Brush! Great name too, we had a wonderful little house rabbit called Rolo.
A lot of people say he looks like Basil Brush, we took him out for a walk once and someone asked if he was a baby Fox or a dog 😀 Georgia named him when she was quite young and it suits him as he’s a rolly bundle of fun.
Old 17 Nov 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Today we're both feeling much better from the dreaded covid and I've bitten the bullet and booked VA PE flights for next Sept / Oct
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure & POR Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List