Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 12 Mar 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
SussexFamily
Imagineer

Royal Mail to launch Sunday delivery service

dailymail/news/art...y-service.html

Royal Mail is to launch a Sunday delivery service

Better late than ever eh?
SussexFamily is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Long overdue.

Sad to say they are really going to have to step up their business model if they want to take a bigger slice of the parcel market. I find our local Staff to be great but there is certainly something wrong at the top level.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I agree.

If they want to compete with the likes of Amazon, DHL etc then this is something they will need to do.

Why they are only just doing it now is beyond me - hopefully they will be able to employ more staff for this too.
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Long overdue.

Sad to say they are really going to have to step up their business model if they want to take a bigger slice of the parcel market. I find our local Staff to be great but there is certainly something wrong at the top level.
The Royal Mail can't get away with paying 20p a parcel to its delivery staff. They also have to pay their staff a pension too along with other employment rights like holidays.
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
The Royal Mail can't get away with paying 20p a parcel to its delivery staff. They also have to pay their staff a pension too along with other employment rights like holidays.
If they continue with the same business model yes.

However they need to think outside the box and emulate other companies that are making a success of deliveries. If that means having self employed drivers so be it.
It's a dog eat dog World out there. No business can stand still . You change with the times or you go to the wall.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
If they continue with the same business model yes.

However they need to think outside the box and emulate other companies that are making a success of deliveries. If that means having self employed drivers so be it.
It's a dog eat dog World out there. No business can stand still . You change with the times or you go to the wall.
Or we could tighten up employment laws so that employees are not taken advantage of and then Royal Mail could compete on even terms and conditions

I know who I would prefer to work for
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyFromage
Very Serious Dibber

Our local area - we get parcels twice a week and post once a week.

How is that acceptable?

Over the past year if ive needed to send any birthday cards ive had to do it two weeks beforehand as some items were taking up to 10 days to get to their destinations.

But how do you make a change, you stop using the service.

I have a small ebay business. I print my labels at home. Hermes will come and pick them up the very next day which during a pandemic is amazing. No waiting in long lines at the post office with other people breathing down the back of your neck.

Royal mail have recently introduced a pick up service but its limited to 5 parcels. Thats no good to me.

So the £150 a week i spend on postage is not going to RM. Its going to Hermes and i know the lady doing the pick ups is making a certain amount per parcel so shes happy to take them.
LadyFromage is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Mar 21, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gull
Imagineer

It’s a no from me. Sunday’s a day off, nice long lie 😄 Don’t need to get up to unlock the door for the postie or delivery guy - they put our mail and parcels inside. Our shops are also only open 12-4 on a Sunday - I like having a ‘day off’ from the norm.
Gull is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List