Notices

Old 20 Mar 21, 05:00 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Both my husband and I have had the AZ vaccine in the last week , neither of us had any side effects at all .

I donít like needles , but the jab was painless and very quick . Both of us were asked if weíre driving and if so to stay there for 15 mins .
LA 2015. 2016.2017.2018.2019
Vegas 2004.06.11.12.13.14.15,16.17.18.19
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I always get a heavy arm after any jab. I could feel a little heat around the site last night but seems fine this morning.
Though my arm was painful as I slept on it but because I've got a shoulder injury its more to do with that
Old 20 Mar 21, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
Had the AZ yesterday at 9 am.
I hate needles, so I am happy to report that it was the least painful injection Iíve ever had (I know plenty of people have said that they barely felt it, but itís nice to be able to personally corroborate that. Apparently itís a very small dose compared to other injections so uses a finer needle and takes less time to inject).

Straight in and out, with just a warning not to drive for fifteen minutes. I asked if I could get a Greggs and they said that was fine

Back home afterwards. I had been relieved that my appointment came up during my week off so I could get any side effects out of the way, but theyíve not been very prominent (at least, not yet, but Iím approaching 23 hours now).

My left arm is a bit sore. Kind of like Iíd been exercising vigorously; slightly sore muscle. I keep wondering if Iím feeling tired or achey or headachey, but if I am, itís barely discernible (and I donít think I actually am, or at least, not at all unusually; Iím often a bit achey or tired. Iím 48, after all).

I could still get hit by it, of course.

I did try to find out if thereís any link and why it happens. There are two possible reasons: the longer reactions (2 days or so and feeling really really bad) seem to correlate with having covid antibodies already. Usually. Sometimes there are no covid antibodies and your body is just doing the innate reaction below, ramped up to eleven.

More commonly, itís the innate immune system being given a kick (the vaccines have what is called an ďadjuvantĒ, which is basically an additive that acts to blow an alarm trumpet to your immune system on entry. To say ďImmune system needed here! Possible attack! Get busy!Ē

Needed so our bodies donít just ignore it; we want the antibodies and T-cells produced.

The immune system has two modes: innate and acquired.
Basically, ďgeneralĒ and ďspecificĒ. The innate kicks in quickly (within hours) while the general takes days to design the tailored response.

The innate pours on generic defences (sort of like chemical warfare rather than biological warfare) which also hurts the body around a bit. Thatís why we feel crappy quite quickly (within hours). Then it steps down when itís either reduced the danger or the acquired immune system steps up with its antibodies and T-cells. Some of the bad outcomes with covid itself have been when the acquired system was very slow to step up, so the innate system just kept pouring on the chemical warfare and laying waste to the body itself in an effort to get rid of the virus.

With the vaccine, as there isnít a virus to get rid of, the innate system automatically steps down after a day or two or three at most and avoids that outcome. Even if the acquired system is a bit slow off the mark, it virtually always gets there in the end with the vaccine. Some of the bad reactions that last longer, if they werenít caused by covid antibodies already present, could then have signalled that the person reacting badly could well have been in that category of slow acquired reaction and maximum sustained (and damaging) innate reaction, so it sometimes means that the person having a long and bad reaction would have had one of the really really bad reactions to covid.
Had mine 9:30 yesterday morning so far just a dull ache in the injection site so hopefully this is it!
Thanks Andy for your help and support to us and providing the information that we can understand
Old 20 Mar 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
nasty
Imagineer

My DD had the AZ jab tues eve sheís 19 and a Police Officer was given a spare jab at the end of day (the clinic has been doing this a while)
She started with aching arm, headache, then chills then sweats. Loss of appetite for two days. The site of her jab was a small raised hot lump initially but today (day 4) itís spread out to a large rash approx 10cm across, still hot and itchy.
Sheís taking antihistamine and painkillers. Is this just an allergic reaction? Anyone else experienced similar?
nasty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 11:15 AM  
Link to this Post
shona
Apprentice Imagineer

I had a pneumonia and flu jab at the same time and the site of the jabs had a red patch that spread over a few days and I had to have antibiotics. I would suggest that your daughter gets it checked to make sure
shona is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
MickeyYay
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by nasty View Post
My DD had the AZ jab tues eve sheís 19 and a Police Officer was given a spare jab at the end of day (the clinic has been doing this a while)
She started with aching arm, headache, then chills then sweats. Loss of appetite for two days. The site of her jab was a small raised hot lump initially but today (day 4) itís spread out to a large rash approx 10cm across, still hot and itchy.
Sheís taking antihistamine and painkillers. Is this just an allergic reaction? Anyone else experienced similar?
Best to get it checked if itís spread.
MickeyYay is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
simbamad
Imagineer

simbamad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
After reading this I'm really worried about getting side affects, especially as I've already got a bit of a cold to begin with , I'm having my vaccine at 4:20 today.

Has anyone had any experience of having a cold on their vaccination day ?
Old 21 Mar 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
VIP Dibber

I had the AZ at 3:30 on Friday afternoon. I felt fine after and yesterday was busy helping our son sort his new house.
I did feel tired early evening and went to bed. I've been restless all night and had a really bad head this morning. I've had to get up and take some aspirin. Just sitting quietly hoping it subsides, but I know I'm going to be tired all day.
93 94 03 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
tweety-pie
Imagineer

tweety-pie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I had the vaccination on Thursday at 7pm. Was fine all night, slept like a log, woke up with a bit of a headache and felt tired all morning but otherwise fine. But at 4pm Friday started feeling nauseous, then suddenly freezing cold but skin was burning, and stayed that way till the middle of the night when it lifted. Yesterday I was just sluggish and no appetite, today I feel back to normal. Not looking forward to the next vaccination because Iíve read that the reaction can be worse. 🥺
Old 25 Mar 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Had my first AZ vaccination at 9.40 yesterday morning. Felt fine until exactly 12 hours later when I started shivering uncontrollably. I took paracetamol and went to bed where I developed a headache, achy body, high temperature and fever and incredible thirst. I drank 4 glasses of water in succession. The worst of it passed by 2am and I slept restlessly. Iíve woken this morning feeling tired and with a headache but the worst of it seems to have passed. Not very nice but worth it for the protection itís going to give me 😀
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List