Notices

Old 30 Mar 21, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Enchanted
Imagineer

We have Menorca booked for September and will be cancelling if this is the case. No need at all to wear masks outside. Not my idea of a holiday.
Enchanted is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Iíve got Majorca booked for August & theres not a chance we will be going if we have to wear muzzles everywhere, I donít want to wear masks full stop but outside is over the top & not my idea of a holiday, wearing one & seeing others in one, horrible things

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

guidetocanaryislands...ry-beach-pool/

Here is a link in case anyone wanted one
Whole of Spain , so that will include Balearics and Canaries too from tomorrow.

We went to Lanzarote in October, i was fine having a mask on outside and walking from our room to the pool etc and round the resort, but like another poster has said, no need to wear one then when sunbathing or when eating

Wonder if the rules will change again if we are allowed to travel later in the year

Can't see too many people being enamoured by this ruling
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

I think people would have a fight on their hands to get their money back if they decide they want to cancel
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Outdoors yes, but not sunbathing which is what OP says it now is.
It wasn't clear last year about the need to wear a mask whilst sunbathing so perhaps it still isn't clear.
Old 30 Mar 21, 09:02 PM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lizzie145 View Post
It wasn't clear last year about the need to wear a mask whilst sunbathing so perhaps it still isn't clear.
Our hotel made it very clear what the rules were on resort and out and about.
The rules change from tomorrow - see the link in my post a couple up
Our MOST ANNOYING trip to Tenerife February 2018 ( an homage to infamous dibb threads
buryboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 09:04 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Wow, we went to Fuertaventura last Oct half term. Like others have said you had to wear a mask everywhere apart from on your sun lounger, in the pool and while eating. It was fine, and absolutely everyone did it including children over 6. I do think wearing it while sunbathing would be a step too far! Especially in the summer heat. At the resort we went to, pretty much the say after restrictions lifted, it was also very quiet and sun beds were very spread out so felt very safe.
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 09:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
VIP Dibber

No way would I go. Itís just making it impossible!
I thought Spain relied on tourism?
Old 30 Mar 21, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

As others have said we went to Majorca last August and wore masks walking around. It was their rules and what we needed to do to be there.

Absolutely no issue. In fact it probably prepared the kids for wearing them at school.

I don't agree with when lying down sunbathing and hopefully they'll change again before all our summer holidays.

All those now.sayimg they want to cancel.this years booking due to masks, when did you book? The mask outdoors rule has been in place since last July at least. Even before tomorrows update.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Cloverlady
Imagineer

We managed to get away to Rhodes last August, in a heatwave!
And to Cyprus for a week too.
In both places masks were a thing. Did not bother us one jot. It really wouldn't put me off. It wasn't as bad as I thought it might have been

Florida - 04,05,06,08,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19, Covid cancelled 20, 21, 22
Cruises - Caribbean x3, Canaries, Far East/India/Dubai, Mexico, Mediterranean x2, Greek Islands
Other USA - California Nevada Arizona Utah New York New Mexico Colorado
Cloverlady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List