Notices

Old 13 Apr 21, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Firekat
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
I know Disney to LAT flow tests in AK, but there are long queues and it is for anyone. I wonder if they will do something for onsite guests to make it easier considering the amount of people from abroad that will come and go when things open up again?
That's a good idea.
Or a fast pass for testing 😆
Firekat is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nanna Frozen
Imagineer

TUI are doing home PCR for £70 in conjunction with Step4 or you can go to various locations where a clinician will do them for £130!
How can you be sure that the home ones are actually done on the person travelling though( do you have to record it on your phone and send it?)
So just wondering why they are getting people to do PCR pre travel if we think itís lateral flow?
Nanna Frozen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nanna Frozen View Post
TUI are doing home PCR for £70 in conjunction with Step4 or you can go to various locations where a clinician will do them for £130!
How can you be sure that the home ones are actually done on the person travelling though( do you have to record it on your phone and send it?)
So just wondering why they are getting people to do PCR pre travel if we think itís lateral flow?
It maybe a particular countries requirement?

With PCR or LAT flow, yes anyone could lie and say it's them but tbh, i doubt many will as they will be caught out with one of the others tests, one that maybe video supervised or done at an airport. The government are trusting people now with reporting tests so i don't see why they won't with at least some of the tests you will need to do for a holiday, plus as time goes on with more people vaccinated transmitting less of the virus it may not be much of an issue?
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Why would someone get someone else to do their test for them? First there would be no way of knowing if that person was in fact negative? And if it was to get into the country when you are positive thatís a big risk to take if you need medical treatment. Surely only someone very daft would do this?
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mermaids View Post
I know itís much cheaper, but arenít false positives more likely with lateral flow tests? I hope you would have time before any flight for a confirmatory PCR test if you were unfortunate in that way.
This is my concern. In my DD school 2 positive LFT but the PCR were negative
It feels very stressy...
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
aprilshack
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
It feels very stressy...
My problem was the other way around.
aprilshack is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by aprilshack View Post
My problem was the other way around.
Really?
My fear is getting stuck abroad
Iíve no issue with the testing per se though it just seems a faff. Iím desperate to go but think I will be leaving it until next year
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Nanna Frozen
Imagineer

Originally Posted by babbymint View Post
Why would someone get someone else to do their test for them? First there would be no way of knowing if that person was in fact negative? And if it was to get into the country when you are positive thatís a big risk to take if you need medical treatment. Surely only someone very daft would do this?
I reckon itís quite possible someone who has symptoms but doesnít want to spoil the family holiday might well do it, after all only 20% of people with symptoms are taking a test as they canít afford to stay off work, and only a small number of people actually isolating after a positive test, for the same reason.
Nanna Frozen is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

I reckon itís quite possible someone who has symptoms but doesnít want to spoil the family holiday might well do it, after all only 20% of people with symptoms are taking a test as they canít afford to stay off work, and only a small number of people actually isolating after a positive test, for the same reason.
These boards are full of people worrying about the possibility of having to quarantine over there and paying for it - and those that cant do this or don't want that risk are choosing not to go. If someone travelled with it and tested positive there it would absolutely ruin a holiday and create the need to quarantine over there - this could go on for ages as family members could get it one by one. I really cant believe that anyone would be so silly.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 21, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
It feels very stressy...
That sounds very unlucky. The positivity rate of the LFTs is only 0.2% , so even if they were all false positives that would mean the false positive rate was 0.2%! And of course, they are not all false positives 😊

Nov 2001 - I-Drive ... May 2009 - DL Paris ... Aug 2011 - Pop ... Aug 2013 - SSR ... Aug 2015 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug 2017 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb 2018 - Cabana Bay ... Feb 2019 - Aventura + A/S Sports
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List