Notices

Old 9 May 21, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Wasnít allowed my second vaccine - anyone else had this issue?

I went yesterday for my second AZ vaccine and when answering the screening questions one came up about bruising following the first dose (I had a very large nasty bruise for around 3 weeks) I was asked further questions about my medical history and immediate family. My mum, her sisters and both her parent all suffered various types of clots over the years so the nurses had a conversation and then told me they didnít advise me having my second dose without discussing with my GP first.
Has anyone else been given this advice? If so what was the outcome - did they say the risk was minimal so go ahead with the AZ or were you offered an alternative?
Just to add I am 39 so the new recommend would have seen me offered something else but due to my job I was vaccinated before all the clot info came to light.
I am hoping I can get to speak to my GP tomorrow as I obviously donít want to delay my jab.
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 03:41 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Our decorator has something called sarcoidosis? he had the first dose before the clot advisory came out and he has been told not to have the second dose by his consultant. He doesn't know what will happen, however after a year of shielding he said he can't afford not to keep at work now so is hoping the 65% cover that one dose gives him will be enough. I think he is mid to late thirties.

Hope you get some info tomorrow x
Old 9 May 21, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
Our decorator has something called sarcoidosis? he had the first dose before the clot advisory came out and he has been told not to have the second dose by his consultant. He doesn't know what will happen, however after a year of shielding he said he can't afford not to keep at work now so is hoping the 65% cover that one dose gives him will be enough. I think he is mid to late thirties.

Hope you get some info tomorrow x
DH has sarcoidosis, he was called early for his jab due to this and given AZ.

Tbh I think much of the advice given just comes down to who you talk to, different gps/nurses etc give different answers to the same questions - I guess because this is all new to them too.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Wizzyanne
Excited about Disney

Sorry to hear this. Let us know what your GP says.

I had the AZ vaccine almost 3 months ago due to my job. Iím 37 and due my next jab next week.

My mum has a brain aneurysm thatís currently being monitored. Iím wondering whether I should mention it.
Wizzyanne is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Interesting thread, there is no screening at our GPís, when weíve been for our jabs the only question has been how are you feeling today! no medical questions at all x
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Interesting thread, there is no screening at our GPís, when weíve been for our jabs the only question has been how are you feeling today! no medical questions at all x
I didnít get asked many question at my first vaccine other than the covid related ones - have you had a cough etc but this time after the covid questions they asked me did I experience this that and the other for more than 4 days following the first vaccine.
I never really thought much of the bruise when I had it apart from it being very bad but assumed maybe the nurse was a bit rough or I was sensitive.
Now I wondering if there was more to it.
Tinkertangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wizzyanne View Post
Sorry to hear this. Let us know what your GP says.

I had the AZ vaccine almost 3 months ago due to my job. Iím 37 and due my next jab next week.

My mum has a brain aneurysm thatís currently being monitored. Iím wondering whether I should mention it.
Might be worth mentioning just to put your mind at rest. The info on the clots was worrying me slightly due to my family history but now I am even more concerned so am really hoping there is an alternative option for me as Iím not sure I want to chance it.
Old 9 May 21, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkertangled View Post
I didnít get asked many question at my first vaccine other than the covid related ones - have you had a cough etc but this time after the covid questions they asked me did I experience this that and the other for more than 4 days following the first vaccine.
I never really thought much of the bruise when I had it apart from it being very bad but assumed maybe the nurse was a bit rough or I was sensitive.
Now I wondering if there was more to it.
How bad was the bruise? Was it large?
Old 9 May 21, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

My DH has Leiden Factor V and has had a number of clots, albeit coming up for 20 years ago. At the first vaccination they didnít want to know why he was on Warfarin, just asked if anyone had a blood disorder and dismissed the Leiden. Second vaccination the same woman wanted to know everything related to his clotting and he had to talk to a doctor at the site before they gave him the shot. He had AZ
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinkertangled
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Tweety1 View Post
How bad was the bruise? Was it large?
Yes it was roughly plum sized at its largest and went through all the colour stages. Itís was made up of loads of little dots. It actually came up within hours of the vaccine and my arm felt so painful I couldnít raise it higher than shoulder level for over a week. I actually feel quite silly now for not realising it wasnít normal