Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 19 May 21, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Off chance - Boots discontinued products?

Long shot, but, if anyone will know a Dibber will

I am not sure how long ago as I have not been out much , but, my favourite Boots handcream, the only one that seems to really suit me, has been discontinued and replaced by a "much better one" that is quite awful

Does anyone know if there is anywhere that may sell discontinued items for Boots?

It is the Hand and nail cream - there were two one intensive for very dry skin they were about £1.60 I think. I have found some on EBay for £14.99

Over to you
meggy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 02:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Have you asked any of your local stores if they have any out the back? My husband said his store has quite a bit of old product in the stock room. If you have a photo or link to the one you like he is happy to have a look for you when he’s at work on Sunday and I can post them to you.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
That's so kind of you. To be honest there is only 1 Boots near me and they are so miserable in there I have not bothered to ask!

Its "Boots hand and nail cream for very dry skin" - its white in a clear tube with a pink flower on it - there is also another 1 with a pale blue flower - I think one is fragranced and the other non fragranced. Its been replaced by one that has the smell of cucumber which is awful

I am off to Devon at the weekend - there is a Boots there, I will go in and ask!

What makes me cross is that I can get it on EBay between £14.99 and £9.99 per tube! - It was only about £1.45 and I bet if I had known they might have been selling it off when it was discontinued. It is just so frustrating when you find a cream that suits - hey ho
meggy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Have you tried emailing Boots? Always worth a try.
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 21, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by meggy View Post
That's so kind of you. To be honest there is only 1 Boots near me and they are so miserable in there I have not bothered to ask!

Its "Boots hand and nail cream for very dry skin" - its white in a clear tube with a pink flower on it - there is also another 1 with a pale blue flower - I think one is fragranced and the other non fragranced. Its been replaced by one that has the smell of cucumber which is awful

I am off to Devon at the weekend - there is a Boots there, I will go in and ask!

What makes me cross is that I can get it on EBay between £14.99 and £9.99 per tube! - It was only about £1.45 and I bet if I had known they might have been selling it off when it was discontinued. It is just so frustrating when you find a cream that suits - hey ho
It’s so annoying, I always think they should put a sign up for a while before they change things!
He’ll have a look for you and grab them if there is any. Posting a small box will be way cheaper than crazy ebay prices!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

My husband has just text me and they don’t have any at his store sadly. Fingers crossed you have more luck in Devon!
Old 23 May 21, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
meggy
Imagineer

meggy's Reviews
No worries thank you so much for trying 😊