Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 25 May 21, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

Booked with AA, BA want us to pay for seats

Booked indirect flights with AA, booked Economy Main Cabin tickets so seats and check in bags included.
3 of the flights operated by AA and booked seats fine, the 4th flight from PHL to LHR is operated by BA. When try and book seats on BA, BA say got to pay, cheapest is $178 for 4 seats. Is this correct even though paid for seats when purchased tickets?

Spoke to AA and they said they can't control what BA charging.
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

That is correct .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Mobile

From my experience, AA are correct.
That is why I generally have a preference for US operated aircraft.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

That price though, $178 for one flight seems excessive. Can't even get 4 seats at the lowest $42, got to get 3x $42 and 1x $52
Rbecking is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 21, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
sparkles18
Imagineer

Mobile

Are you travelling with children under 12? If so then BA are very good at seating families together so I would hold off paying for seats.
sparkles18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 21, 04:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rbecking View Post
That price though, $178 for one flight seems excessive. Can't even get 4 seats at the lowest $42, got to get 3x $42 and 1x $52
It doesn’t seem odd, it s very expensive to book seats with BA.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 21, 05:05 AM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Yes you pay for seats , if you have an infant you can book seats free when you book or they are normally allocated 24 hours before flight
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 21, 08:11 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tootsie rolls View Post
Yes you pay for seats , if you have an infant you can book seats free when you book or they are normally allocated 24 hours before flight
Exactly this

If you want to choose seats with BA operated flights in advance of OLCI opening, then you need to pay for them unless you have status on a loyalty scheme, if not, then they'll be allocated (most likely all together) a few days before departure of the flight and you can select them 24 hours before departure when OLCI opens.

AA lets you do it more or less straight away, for limited numbers of seats - if you want more choice/closer to the door then you need to pay for them

Edited at 08:13 AM.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
lemmiwinkles
Excited about Disney

Have you tried calling BA?

I say this, because the agent at BA was more than happy to give me free seats. My situation was a little different; the flight had changed from AA operated to BA operated. I just chanced it and said I booked the flights specifically because of the free seats (ridiculous reason). The agent said it wasn’t a problem and not only booked a free seat for that flight, but also booked a free seat for my connecting BA flight (which hadn’t changed) too. Might be worth a call and fluffing it a little.

Edited at 10:49 AM.
lemmiwinkles is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 May 21, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rbecking
slightly serious Dibber

I know with most airlines now have to pay for seats, especially if book basic economy tickets. But we paid an extra £368 for economy main cabin tickets that included seats and check in bags.

Never thought would have to pay again for the BA flight and especially not that high price.

Spoke to both BA and AA both said it’s just the way it is.

Not got young kkds, they older now, so don’t want to wait till 24 hours before checkin (while on holiday) so have paid it for peace of mind.