Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 28 May 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Flamingo
Apprentice Imagineer

Flamingo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
CSR standard view or preferred room?

Hi, as POFQ isn't available to book we're considering CSR for August 2022. It will be 2 adults and 2 children aged 10 & 5. We've never stayed on site before.
Looking at prices, a preferred room (non tower) is about £900 more than a standard view room. As we'll hardly be in the room are there any really good reasons we should consider a preferred room over a standard view?
Thanks
Flamingo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

View doesn’t matter in a moderate really, in my opinion. You don’t have a balcony and won’t spend much time looking out of the window.

Others may be able to advise whether it is worth paying for preferred because of location. I haven’t - but haven’t stayed there before.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

With a preferred room, you'll be closer to the main amenities. Personally, no way I'd pay £900 extra for this.
YLL is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
wdw-wanderer
Apprentice Imagineer

It is a large site with 4 themed areas - the Casitas, Ranchos, Cabanas and the (luxurious) Gran Destino Tower. I think the preferred views would place you in the Casitas which are closer to the food court, shop etc and can be accessed under cover - there’ll be thunderstorms most days in August! With the bridges across the lake now it does shorten the journey from the Ranchos & Cabanas to El Centro and also means a shorter walk from the Casitas to the main pool. Perhaps have a look at YouTube and see which area appeals?
wdw-wanderer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
loldis
Imagineer

I would save the money and put in a request for Casitas 4. Casitas 1-3 are the preferred buildings, but 4 is considered standard and actually closest to the Casitas bus stop which is the first one on the resort loop. Pretty much the entire walk to the lobby can be done undercover walking through Casitas from memory, good for shade or dodging the rain.

ETA: I got preferred on a really good deal last time, so it wasn't much more than standard. But it's definitely not worth £900, I wouldn't bother upgrading again.

Edited at 03:12 PM.
loldis is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Lily8
Very Serious Dibber

Preferred rooms at CSR are in Casitas 1-3. We were assigned Casitas 2 (as a free upgrade). It was lovely but definitely wouldn't pay £900 extra for it and the 'view' is no different than 'standard view', it's just nearer to amenities. With the new bridge over the lake, even the more remote Ranchos shouldn't really be a long walk over to the front of the resort, where you'll find most of the dining options.
Lily8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
GoofyK
Very Serious Dibber

I also have just book the standard room which I originally wanted to stay in the tower. But £600 extra for each room
Whilst we need 3 rooms, we couldn’t justify paying £1800 extra. Especially thinking £1800 would do nicely to cover food since we don’t have free dining
GoofyK is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We stayed in a preferred in Casitas 2 and I didn’t think it was particularly close so I wouldn’t pay for a preferred again. We had no choice that year as no standards left. The 3 bridges mean nowhere is very far away.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaybeez
Imagineer

Jaybeez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This was our view from Casitas 5.

We stayed in a standard view and loved the location, we were next to the bridges and closer to the main pool than the preferred buildings.
Jaybeez is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
goodevans
VIP Dibber

goodevans's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 13
Originally Posted by Jaybeez View Post
This was our view from Casitas 5.

We stayed in a standard view and loved the location, we were next to the bridges and closer to the main pool than the preferred buildings.
Oh that's a lovely view 😁
You don't remember the room number by any chance?
Hotel Cheyenne DLP - 1994,Davy Crockett Ranch DLP - 1996 ,AllStars Sports WDW 1997,DL Hotel DLP - 1998,All Stars Movies WDW - 2000,AKL WDW -03,Newport Bay Club DLP - 04,AKL WDW- 06,Sequoia Lodge DLP 06
Fairfield Inn Marriot Village LBV-12

Hawthorn Suites LBV-14, Hotel Cheyenne DLP-17, LBV, RPR, POR-WDW, AMI+Disney Dream '18
goodevans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List