Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 31 May 21, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Moorlandman View Post
This would well for their American guests who stay for 3 to 4 nights.

Basically, it’s just like what most of us on here do at Universal - stay at a deluxe hotel and do all the rides in 2 days
I agree, and whether we like it or not, without a doubt Disney only really plan the majority of things with US guests in mind - they are their ‘bread and butter’ after all.
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

I really hope they don't do this, but if they do, I wonder if it could be the UK offer of the future - free fast passes for all your party for up to 14 nights?

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 08:38 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fiffio View Post
They do need to find a way to reduce the crowds but not the money coming in, guests queuing for hours aren’t spending or having a good time. I would like to think the new worlds and other expansions would help with that but demand just continues to soar regardless. Fastpass was ideal for us but weirdly we could use the mde app to
Book immediate ones and skip some big lines, did wonder why those in those lines were not doing it?

Hopefully universals epic universe park will help spread some of the crowds but again it probably won’t!
In all the years going to Disney since FP was introduced we have hardly queued for anything, which was a big driver for me in why we went. Of course, FP favours those who can book early being onsite, and also know how to play the system to get more.

It’s never failed to surprise me, as we saunter on a ride having just picked up another FP that all the people in the queue could have done the same with the refresh trick (also the algorithm seemed to give more options for when you want the closer you move to the desire time).
Old 31 May 21, 08:44 AM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If it does come into fruition and we’re looking at long queues or $100+ x4, x14 =$5600 then we’ll just sell our DVC and move on.
I can see how this works well for US guests visiting for short stays but I think it would completely put off international guests.
Old 31 May 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

The very first time we went we wandered. We went on what we passed that didn’t have long queue times. I think the most we waited was for star tours, maybe 40 mins, and it was a Star Wars weekend so totally packed. We really enjoyed this way of doing it.
We’re not massive universal fans, been twice with no express passes and just did the same.
We have, obviously since, used fast passes, but not in an obsessive way. I have liked in the past staying onsite and using them for the more popular rides and our favourites, but I always have a niggling feeling that it tend to takes over your time there. We won’t be paying for them, even $100 a day x 2 x however many days we might go, probably 10 in a 14 day holiday is far too much.
We will go back to wandering and seeing what we can go on as we pass.
Sandraoh40 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by BevS97 View Post
It wouldn’t surprise me at all. Universal used to offer free fast passes exactly the same system as Disney. They removed them 15+years ago and have never looked back. People happily pay or book one of the top hotels to get the passes.
It would be fine for a couple of days but not for us Brit's who spend a long time in the parks.
Scotsmomma2 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Well this would be a pile of 💩 if it happens!

Why can’t they just charge a one off add on fee rather than per day. That I wouldn’t mind so much, although we’re still all having to pay for something we used to get free! 🙄

Edited at 09:59 AM.
act1980 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

I never manged to pick up a fast pass after I had used the first three. Unless 8t was for something I didn't want to do like it's a bugs life
Old 31 May 21, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
marlouwrig
VIP Dibber

I have just watched this and although he compared the possible introduction of the 'Lightning Pass' to the Universal paid for Express Pass system, I did wonder why no mention was made of Universal's parallel Express Pass provision for some hotel guests and why this was not discussed as a possibility for Disney hotel guests.

I have not been to Disney since the Rise of Resistance and the virtual queueing system and have read that it is not always possible to obtain a boarding group so you can't get on the ride at all? I think I would object to a wider introduction of this system more than I would to a paid for fast pass.

DVC Member BCV, BLT & VGC
marlouwrig is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 May 21, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
The more I think about it and as pointed out earlier in a previous post if they offer it to hotel guests then it’s no difference from the old system other than offsite pay. If they do it then it may be like MaxPass which is a paid system to everyone. That system seems to work and is way cheaper. If they monetise it I hope they go that route(obviously I hope no paid at all!)
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List