Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Jun 21, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I have various plan B options I'm considering but nothing booked.

If we can't go to the US this summer I'll likely
* transfer my wdw hotel booking and tickets to next summer,
* if allowed we will do a 1 week trip to universal in October half term,
* if allowed to travel to France then DD and me will do another DLP short trip this summer (we went in August last year after the wdw trip was canceled),
* if allowed to travel to countries other than the US in August then the Caribbean is appealing. I've been looking at Jamaica, Barbados or Dominican Republic for two weeks in the summer.

As I said none of those are booked at all, just potential back up plans. Last year when the wdw trip was cancelled we did do a 1 week caravan stay in Somerset and while this was lovely it's just not something I'm interested in this year. No reflection on Somerset more a reflection on me...my DS is 17 in August and after cancelling both Orlando in summer and Niagara falls in October last year I'm really feeling that time is slipping through my fingers...I know that we've all lost a lot but somehow time is marching on and this time next year when he's approaching 18 I want to know I've made the most of the last few family holidays we can have together. I'm not giving up on the idea of this summer in Orlando, I'm really hoping it will go ahead as actually next summer I want to do a California trip...

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.

Edited at 04:54 PM.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfreaks
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tootsie rolls View Post
I don’t want a plan B 😞😞🙏🙏🙏
We don’t either ! 😩😩
Disneyfreaks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
I’m seriously considering booking the MSC cruise. Dates wise I can only book for the dates we would be in Florida so I can’t book it as a backup. It would mean deciding Florida was definitely off the table. Which I am 95% sure of but just can’t make that final decision.
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by aqualiv View Post
Me neither but I’m starting to think if we don’t have one and we don’t end up going to Florida we will do nothing and Dh and dd won’t have had a break from work
I’m finding it hard to think of a U.K. option we can get even slightly excited about
We have a touring caravan and went away last weekend but we really need a break but we are worrying that if we leave it till august when we have to pay the balance and then can’t go everywhere in uk will be booked up 😞
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

For our plan B last year we rented a cottage in the Yorkshire Dales, it was in a tiny hamlet, pretty much only farms, we took the dog and went round the countryside visiting waterfalls and a few local attractions, we actually really enjoyed ourselves. So we will probably do that again this year.
I wont go back to Florida now until those who have postponed or are itching to book have been and crowd levels go back to normal, certainly wont go if there is any chance at all of having to quarantine on our return (got pinged by track and trace and had to do 3 days indoors, nearly drove me mad)
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tootsie rolls View Post
We have a touring caravan and went away last weekend but we really need a break but we are worrying that if we leave it till august when we have to pay the balance and then can’t go everywhere in uk will be booked up 😞

Mrs Thorpy has several times tried to get me to agree to book something in U.K. “because it will be all booked up” only to be told it will be ok.
I think my plan B is to hide !
Old 4 Jun 21, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
We are not booked to go until September, so if that doesn’t go ahead we will leave it for this year too. Try again next year.
Well that is what I said on 19th March. We have since given up on September and cancelled and indeed also given up any thoughts of getting away this year.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
Mrs Thorpy has several times tried to get me to agree to book something in U.K. “because it will be all booked up” only to be told it will be ok.
I think my plan B is to hide !
I wish I could hibernate till next year hopefully this will be over by then 😂😂😂
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Robyn89
Imagineer

If July 17th doesn’t go ahead and we’ll make that decision next week as it’s about the same time as our 30 day window with DVC to not have the points go into holding... we’ll try for the first 2 weeks in September. After that, there’s naff all availability for DVC in October, November and December so we’ll punt for late Feb/early March.

After that, we actually move to Virginia with work in late May 22 so we’ll go then 😂
Robyn89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 21, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Should’ve gone to Orlando the first 2 weeks of May so plan B was to move it to October 22 which we’ve done.
We’ve also booked 2 weeks in Orlando for May 22 I hope I’m wrong but I’ve just got an awful feeling it’s not going to happen