Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jun 21, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Loobylou_82
Imagineer

Still hanging on for October. Not doing anything till officially told it's a no go. Still fairly positive and talk to the other family members that are coming with us about things we are going to do when we get there. Trying hard to not let anything grind me down!
Loobylou_82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Concerned
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by GMickeyB View Post
I've written off 2021, as I honestly can't see summer happening, a slim chance of autumn, I've moved everything over to 2022 (very reluctantly) my heart was ruling my head, I really thought the vaccination programme would off been enough to get things going again this year, but alas no.
I feel sorry for all in the travel industry, and hope they can survive a loss of another year.
Sorry for the negative post, I've been clinging on to hope...again
But hopefully next year can be spectacular!
I haven't given up hope on 25 September - it can still happen. I won't cancel because I will NEVER get such a good deal again.
Concerned is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 11:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gelatoni
Imagineer

I've accepted we most likely won't be going this year now 😥 I really will keep my fingers crossed though that we'll turn a corner soon and everyone can go this summer.

Personally i just need closure and will wait for the flight to be cancelled this time. Not paying Virgin's change fees. Will claw back the money if I can and rebook with BA.
Gelatoni is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 21, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Concerned View Post
I haven't given up hope on 25 September - it can still happen. I won't cancel because I will NEVER get such a good deal again.
I really hope you get to go, and hope things change for the better very soon.

At some point it all has to change
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
khonsu
Suitcases dusted off...

I still have my glass very much nearer to full than empty about going in September. The next 2-4 weeks will decide this for me. Vaccinations are through the roof now with the youngsters snapping up available slots and hospitalisations being fairly stable and deaths low (of course every death is a tragedy... that's true outside of COVID as well).

"Concerned"... you have raised a point I've never considered... "Never get as good a deal again".

I believe you're correct for the foreseeable future - maybe 5 years? who knows!? Even moving an existing booking to 2022 may see uplifts in costs...

SO... I refuse to write of 2021. September WILL happen for us and it will be magical.

2002 Enchantedland Resort, 2005 Cabana Bay, 2011 Peabody, 2014 Rosen Point Orlando, 2017 Rosen Plaza, 2019 Rosen Shingle Creek. 2020 cancelled x2, 2021 cancelled x1... May 2022 - three weeks in Rosen Shingle Creek. May 2023 Drury Plaza Disney Springs. May 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort, December 2024 - Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress Resort

khonsu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by khonsu View Post

I still have my glass very much nearer to full than empty about going in September. The next 2-4 weeks will decide this for me. Vaccinations are through the roof now with the youngsters snapping up available slots and hospitalisations being fairly stable and deaths low (of course every death is a tragedy... that's true outside of COVID as well).

"Concerned"... you have raised a point I've never considered... "Never get as good a deal again".

I believe you're correct for the foreseeable future - maybe 5 years? who knows!? Even moving an existing booking to 2022 may see uplifts in costs...

SO... I refuse to write of 2021. September WILL happen for us and it will be magical.

Love your positivity, I’m hanging in there hopefully we will know in a few weeks , just hope the airlines can survive if flying dosnt commerce soon
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
hawki
Imagineer

I'm still hopeful for ours 3rd October, both double vaccinated & nothing to pay until 3rd August, will see how it is then, lots can change quickly. They seem to be throwing everything they can at the North West!
Port Orleans Riverside - 2011,2012, 2014,2015,2016,2017 RPR 2015,2016,Grand California,POR & HRH 2017 DLP Newport Bay 2018 Sequoia Lodge 2019 Grand California,HRH CSR 2019
hawki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by khonsu View Post

We’re hanging on for September too. There’s enough bad news everywhere at the moment so I’m not letting go of it if there’s even the slightest chance we can go! I think we might be okay. I’m leaning more towards that we will than we won’t.

And if we end up having to move it again, then we’ll just move it again but for now, I’m on the diet so I don’t have to worry about fitting my rona rolls on Velocicoaster 😂
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

I gave up and cancelled on September about 4-5 weeks or so ago. I decided that I would rather have the “oh well” feeling should things be ok by then, than months more of “will we, won’t we”. I had been thinking we might get a November trip in though, but now we have ruled out 2021 altogether.
Claudette is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 21, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
I gave up and cancelled on September about 4-5 weeks or so ago. I decided that I would rather have the “oh well” feeling should things be ok by then, than months more of “will we, won’t we”. I had been thinking we might get a November trip in though, but now we have ruled out 2021 altogether.
Same here, had enough of the stress
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List