Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 Jun 21, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Villiage Inn

There was a brief chat on another thread that the Village Inn on Westwood Blvd (opposite Double tree by Hiton near Seaworld) was closed.

I checked on trip advisor and it said it was reopening on the 18th May, had another look yestarday and it was still closed, as its my favourite breakfast spot and cos Im nosey I sent them an e mail and got the following vague reply:

Good morning, Andrew. Thanks for reaching out to us. I’m sorry, but the Orlando location is currently closed. If you have any other questions, please let us know.

Matt Rampey

Village Inn Guest Relations

I cant tell if that means its still closed due to the Corona thing or if its gone forever. Fingers crossed it comes back.

Im going to reply just to clarify.

I found another one thats a block North West of Busch Gardens so could eat there before going to BG but it wont be the same without being looked after by Troy and Cannon who have worked there forever
Old 15 Jun 21, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sadly the one at Winter Garden Village has also permanently closed.

Mick

Edited at 09:24 AM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Magic Mouse
Imagineer

Mobile

I’m sure we went to a Village Inn when we were down at the coast some years ago.

We had a lovely breakfast so decided to go back later in the week. I was musing over the menu and said I think I’ll probably get the same as last time and our lovely server remembered us and remembered exactly what I had on my earlier visit.
Orlando/Indian Shores - Aug 14 Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 16
Emerald Island/RPR - Aug 18
Magic Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
BIGDENNIS10UK
Imagineer

Mobile

The first place I ever had Eggs Benedict.

We stayed opposite in the doubletree sea world in 2010, staff were always lovely, be a shame if it’s gone.
BIGDENNIS10UK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

If flights go we are staying at the Doubletree Seaworld early September , remind me then and I’ll check if it has reopened or if something else is in the building.

Edited at 11:19 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
If flights go we are staying at the Doubletree Seaworld early September , remind me then and I’ll check if it has reopened or if something else is in the building.
I liked the Double tree, was the 1st place I stayed in Orlando back in 2012, they had a 1lb burger that was huge

Ive replied to the e mail asking if its gone for good, Troy and Cannon were legends, so funny and even used to stand over the kids to make sure they ate everything

If they dont respond ill try and remind you
Old 15 Jun 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
I liked the Village Inn when we stayed at the DoubleTree. It'll be a shame to see it go.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by youre-nicked View Post
I liked the Double tree, was the 1st place I stayed in Orlando back in 2012, they had a 1lb burger that was huge

Ive replied to the e mail asking if its gone for good, Troy and Cannon were legends, so funny and even used to stand over the kids to make sure they ate everything

If they dont respond ill try and remind you
It wasn’t really on my radar but a couple of weekends ago it was coming up for my dates at £22 a night (plus $18 for parking) on a refundable rate so it seemed rude not to book it. Pools and landscaping look nice and reviews say it is clean and that’s all we need for 3 nights before flying to Tucson.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

The one near SeaWorld is not temporarily closed. I am sure when I drive by the most the building had been completely remodeled and is now a Chedders. The only one in the Orlando area is now in St Cloud.

For anyone interested, the Golden Corral on 192 near Sherbeth Rd/ Old Lake Wilson, is also permanently gone now. It is being remodeled as a Boston Lobster Feast.

Edited at 12:54 PM.
DonnaD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
The one near SeaWorld is not temporarily closed. I am sure when I drive by the most the building had been completely remodeled and is now a Chedders. The only one in the Orlando area is now in St Cloud.
Google Maps shows the new Cheddars at where the old Bennigans used to be (next to Delmonico's), not where the Village Inn used to be. However, I don't know whether Google Maps is correct?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List