Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 2 Aug 18, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

How NOT to fit back in your wedding dress - DDP & Offsite dining - May/June 2018

Hi everyone,

So after trying and failing at doing a full trip report in 2016, I thought I’d try doing a food one this time as they are much less time consuming so therefore I have a much better chance of completing this one.. she says!😄 I also love looking at dibbers food reports and they helped me so much with choosing my ADRs!

Our Plan!

So, a bit of background info.. this was a big trip for us as we were also getting married! I had a home wedding reception a week after we arrived back in the UK.. hence the name of this trip report! I’m sure you’ll all be thrilled to know I did manage to squeeze myself back in the dress.. just😳
We stayed in 4 hotels out of 19 nights so we did a bit of moving around but this didn’t bother us. We started off with 2 nights at the Clarion inn Lake Buena vista (simply because it’s close to our wedding venue), 1 night AKL for our wedding night, 8 nights CSR with DDP and finishing off with 8 nights on Idrive at Rosen inn @ pointe. I must admit I was better at taking photos while on the dining plan, so the offsite food is a bit hit & miss I’m afraid!

So.. let’s introduce ourselves..

The Cast!

I’m Sarah, 24, makeup artist & HR Administrator. Obsessive planner (aren’t we all?) with a BIG appetite for American food.

This is Scott, my just turned husband! 26, Prison Officer with an even BIGGER appetite for American food. Doesn’t get involved in any planning, he leaves that to me while he ‘just drives us there’ As he says 😂

Where we ate!

Day 1 - IHOP & Longhorns
Day 2 - Seasons 52 (Wedding Day)
Day 3 - Kekes, Starbucks, Flame Tree BBQ, Satuli Canteen
Day 4 - Be our guest, Plaza Icecream Parlor, Sanaa
Day 5 - Earl of Sandwich, Starbucks, Coral Reef
Day 6 - CSR Pepper market, 50s Prime Time
Day 7 - Blaze, Ohana
Day 8 - F&GF Snacks, L’artisan de glacé, Chefs de France
Day 7 - Citricos
Day 8 - Starbucks, Trex
Day 9 - Caseys Corner, Hooters, Millers Ale house drinks
Day 10 - Hash house a gogo, florean fortescues, Toothsome chocolate emporium
**This is where the photos (or lack of) go downhill 😳**
Day 11 - Cheesecake Factory, Happily Ever After dessert party
Day 12 - First Watch, Texas Roadhouse
Day 13 - Celebration town tavern
Day 14 - Bob Evans, Starbucks

I hope you all enjoy this food report and it gives you as much help as all of yours did for us! 😊 It’s the first one I’ve done so go easy on me!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC

Edited at 11:21 AM.
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

Ooh looking forward to this!
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Capt Wilko
Trying for More Ears

Congratulations on your marriage and glad to hear that you managed to fit back into your dress for your UK reception.

Looking forward to seeing your photos and what you thought of your meals.
Old 2 Aug 18, 07:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Joelin
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Sounds fab. Congratulations on your wedding ❤️
Old 2 Aug 18, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Mobile

Ooh how exciting! Can’t wait to read all about it.

Congratulations on your wedding.

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 10:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Congratulations ! Looking forward to this xx
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 18, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations! Sounds an amazing wedding trip. Look forward to reading along😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Congratulations

Looking forward to reading along

Joan
Old 3 Aug 18, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
sbuck93
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 1

Ok, so I’m going to start with our first full day in Orlando. Travel day we ate breakfast at Gatwick airport which was a fry up at Wetherspoons & then very average virgin plane food, luckily I don’t think any of you are really here for photos of those 😉 so straight to day 1 it is!

Our first day tradition is always to have IHOP for breakfast which we absolutely love. We usually go to the one on IDrive but as we were staying at the clarion we went to the one up the road from there. They had some new flavour pancakes so we both tried them, I had a stack of the ‘Belgian Dark Chocolate Mousse Pancakes’ while Scott had his usual combo of over easy eggs, bacon, sausage, French toast and the ‘English Sticky Toffee Pancakes’. Scott’s pancakes were amazing, they had hard bits of toffee sprinkled on top which he wasn’t sure about but I really liked it, mine was good too but not much different to the double chocolate chip pancakes I usually go for. For drinks Scott had a coke - I don’t see how people can drink fizzy drinks in the morning?! While I had the most sickly hot chocolate I’ve ever had in my life, it was like pure syrup! Not the best choice so I just had water after this.

Came to around $24 excluding tip, I don’t think you can go too wrong with IHOP personally, cheap and cheerful and we generally have pretty good/quick service.

We didn’t do any parks today as we had to prepare for the big day tomorrow, we had a trip to the Osceola county court house to get our wedding license and then did a bit of shopping at the outlets, only a couple of cokes in the food court was consumed throughout this so no photos.

I was staying in a separate hotel to Scott tonight to keep it traditional, so we had a ‘last supper’ as an engaged couple at our favourite offsite restaurant - Longhorns. Again, we have only ever been to the Idrive one and because of our location decided to try the one on the 192. I was really hoping it would be just as good as we’ve been used to on Idrive as it was quite a special meal for us, luckily it didn’t disappoint and it’s still our absolute favourite place.
Out came the gorgeous warm bread first which we demolish in seconds and then find it reaaaally difficult to say no when they then offer to get you some more 😂 I always go for the same for my entree here which is the ribs (photo doesn’t do them justice!) they are absolutely amazing and I’m too scared to try something different in case they don’t live up to this standard 😂 Scott, however, went for the sirloin when he usually always has flos fillet. We then shared the Molten Lava Cake which we’ve had a few times and is always delicious. In total comes to around $60 with tip so pretty good value for the brilliant quality you get.

After our lovely meal we then went our separate ways to get prepared for the big day tomorrow 😄😄 Thanks for reading day 1! Tomorrow is wedding day so I will be giving a report on our incredible meal at Seasons 52!

Vegas.Disney.MCFC

Edited at 10:22 AM.
sbuck93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Aug 18, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

Congratulations!

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List