Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 14 Jul 20, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
clucky1966
Imagineer

clucky1966's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
So I have just had an email this morning, stating if we are due to fly before 31.8.20 we can change flight with no change fees or apply for a voucher for the full cost of the flight, no extra percentage added to voucher although I know they were offering an extra 10% a while ago as an incentive.

Unfortunately we do not not want a refund as I have no idea when we will be able to go again, certainly not next year the prices are crazy and my Daughter is in her final year at secondary so want to concentrate on that

clucky1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by clucky1966 View Post
So I have just had an email this morning, stating if we are due to fly before 31.8.20 we can change flight with no change fees or apply for a voucher for the full cost of the flight, no extra percentage added to voucher although I know they were offering an extra 10% a while ago as an incentive.

Unfortunately we do not not want a refund as I have no idea when we will be able to go again, certainly not next year the prices are crazy and my Daughter is in her final year at secondary so want to concentrate on that
I'm waiting for my voucher. Applied online. They are valid for 5 years from the date of issue.

Once AL confirm your flight is cancelled, you can apply for a refund. Just use the correct form on their website.(flight disruption refund form).

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 20, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Joshie1
Imagineer

Joshie1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by lynjowton View Post
Southern Ireland unlock rules state no international flights to resume until 10th August. We were due to fly 22nd July and had an email cancelling our flight about 3 weeks ago.Offer was to claim a voucher but i have let my bank deal with getting me a refund back and i am waiting to hear from Santander.
That is not correct. International flights are leaving Ireland.
Joshie1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jul 20, 01:30 PM  
Link to this Post
lam
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Joshie1 View Post
That is not correct. International flights are leaving Ireland.
There is much confusion over this as the airlines decided to proceed to offer flights to popular holiday destinations and SHORT HAUL flights from Ireland to some EU countries eg Spain etc.

Although passengers were entitled to book and travel for essential reasons only, the Govt couldn't stop them from leaving the country and although they have to self isolate when they return to Ireland, this is not mandatory and the Govt are actively trying to dissuade people from flying for public health reasons.

A limited number of LONG HAUL international flights are leaving ireland currently but these are mainly 'commercial' flights ie picking up goods etc and repatriation flights, although some can take passengers

BUT

The Aer Lingus flights to USA are to New York (jfk), Boston and Chicago and provided you are an American Citizen,you can travel.

If you don't hold a US passport, you face restrictions if you are a foreign national and have resided or been present in certain countries for 14 days prior to your intended travel date. Ireland and the UK and Northern Ireland are on the list of countries referred to.

SO the restrictions apply to foreign nationals BUT NOT US CITIZENS.

The Irish govt are due to discuss the next Phase on 20th July and travel is 1 of the 'hot topics' being discussed. They are looking at countries with similar statistics and measures in place with possible zones or bridges to these countries.

It could be a while before long haul flights resume.

3/01-Sheraton 4 Pts & WDW Contemporary.7/07-DLP Sequoia. 3/08-WDW Pop & POFQ. 7/08-DLP Sequoia.4/09, 3/10 & 4/11-WDW AKV, 7/11- Doubletree@Seaworld & AKV -03/12, 3/13- WDW AKV 8/14 [I]Cabana Bay,OKW & AKV.07/15-BVP,BLT & AKV07/17-POR,BLT & AKV.07/18-AKV-Jambo,Cabana Bay Beach, Beacon Hotel,New York..07/20TRIP CANCELLED- 10/21-Cheyenne,DLP-7/22-AKV, Coronado & Poly.12/23-AKV, POR,BLT &ASM
lam is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 20, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Update! Money arrived today on my credit card after cancelling on Sunday, HOORAY! 😁
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List