Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 30 Mar 21, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
#1
2waterford
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Aug 07
Lanzarote & Masks

Not that travel is an option for us Irish but I have read that Lanzarote are introducing the wearing of masks in all outdoor settings irrespective of distance from others. Masks must be worn sunbathing on the beach and by the pool.

Not sure if this will be adopted in other areas of Spain, I have no problem wearing masks on flights, public transport and all other settings but on the beach and sunbathing by the pool is just a step too far for me and will put any travel plans for 2021 to bed 😢

Imagine the tan lines from wearing your mask sunbathing 😎
2waterford is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
#2
YorkshireT
VIP Dibber
 
YorkshireT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 16
Location: God's Own Country
Originally Posted by 2waterford View Post
Not that travel is an option for us Irish but I have read that Lanzarote are introducing the wearing of masks in all outdoor settings irrespective of distance from others. Masks must be worn sunbathing on the beach and by the pool.

Not sure if this will be adopted in other areas of Spain, I have no problem wearing masks on flights, public transport and all other settings but on the beach and sunbathing by the pool is just a step too far for me and will put any travel plans for 2021 to bed 😢

Imagine the tan lines from wearing your mask sunbathing 😎
A pointless exercise given that such activities not close to others have basically zero risk. I have it booked as a back up in summer, I hope I wonít need to go if this is true. I donít want to sit around the pool with a mask on. Iím more than happy to wear inside though.
__________________
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
#3
2waterford
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Aug 07
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
A pointless exercise given that such activities not close to others have basically zero risk. I have it booked as a back up in summer, I hope I wonít need to go if this is true. I donít want to sit around the pool with a mask on. Iím more than happy to wear inside though.
I agree, I have it booked for October but not holding out much hope, Ireland are just about to add another 43 countries to the hotel quarantine list.
2waterford is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 02:15 PM  
Link to this Post
#4
MarkUK
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Apr 13
Sounds great fun! NOT - I guess itís always a risk if you have a booking that further restrictions could be implemented. I doubt they would refund if the flight and hotel is operating

Edited at 02:16 PM.
MarkUK is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
#5
RM2016
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 16
Mobile

Does this apply to children too? As if people have Lanzarote already booked a Villa may be a better way forward for families rather than a hotel pool etc.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
#6
2waterford
Thread Starter
VIP Dibber
 
Join Date: Aug 07
Originally Posted by RM2016 View Post
Does this apply to children too? As if people have Lanzarote already booked a Villa may be a better way forward for families rather than a hotel pool etc.
I think I read over 6, yes villa accommodation seems a better option
2waterford is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 02:22 PM  
Link to this Post
#7
RM2016
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 16
Mobile

Originally Posted by 2waterford View Post
I think I read over 6, yes villa accommodation seems a better option
Thanks for that, Iíll let my friend know as they are aiming to travel with children in July.
RM2016 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
#8
Lisa123wm
Imagineer
 
Join Date: Jan 08
I wouldnít go on holiday if I had to wear a mask all the time.
Donít mind indoors and before sitting to eat etc, but not outdoors.
__________________
Sept 93 - Orlando, California, Nevada
Aug 94, Jul & Dec 03, Oct 04, Xmas 05, 06, 07 - DLP
Dec 08/Jan 09 - Residence Inn Seaworld, Orlando
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
#9
Moorlandman
Imagineer
 
Moorlandman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 15
Location: Staffs Moorlands

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
This rule is for all Spanish resorts not just Lanzarote
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 21, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
#10
lizzie145
Imagineer
 
lizzie145's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 07
im fairly sure that masks outdoors has been the rule in the Canaries for a while now

turismolanzarote/en/coro...n-of-interest/
__________________
June 2006, August 2007, September 2018, January 2019, September 2019, February 2020

Edited at 02:47 PM.
lizzie145 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin - Copyright © 2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Latest News
Posted in 50th Anniversary
On 22nd June 4:45pm
Beginning Oct. 1, “The World’s Most Magical Celebration” honors the 50th anniversary of Walt Disney... Read More »
Posted in Disneyland Paris News
On 17th June 11:31am
Guests can once again enjoy the outstanding experiences we are known for, from iconic attractions... Read More »
Posted in Seaworld
On 9th June 8:20am
SeaWorld’s first separate-ticketed, nighttime Halloween event, Howl-O-Scream, premieres this fall joining the daytime Halloween Spooktacular... Read More »


theDIBB Menu


Exchange Rates
US Dollar Rates
ASDA  $1.3669
CaxtonFX  $1.3557
Covent Garden FX  $1.3710
FAIRFX  $1.3657
John Lewis  $1.3652
M&S  $1.3455
Post Office  $1.3437
Sainsburys  $1.3634
TESCO  $1.3651
Travelex  $1.3601
Updated: 18:00 30/07/2021
Euro Rates
ASDA  €1.1498
CaxtonFX  €1.1431
Covent Garden FX  €1.1547
FAIRFX  €1.1474
John Lewis  €1.1489
M&S  €1.1324
Post Office  €1.1310
Sainsburys  €1.1469
TESCO  €1.1490
Travelex  €1.1441
Updated: 18:00 30/07/2021

DIBB Premium Membership
Did you know you can help support theDIBB with Premium Membership?

Check out this link for more information and benefits, such as...

"No adverts on theDIBB Forums"

Upgrade Now



X