Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 6 Apr 21, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile 29th May - am I mad?

Hi, hoping some kind dibbers will give some helpful insights. We weren’t planning a trip to Florida for this year but... I’ve been hearing some whispering about the US / UK border opening up mid May and it seems sort of likely the US will be green on our traffic light list. We’re tied to school holidays and already have plans for summer. I’m seeing some pretty decent package prices that would allow us to go for the June half term (leaving on 29 May) with a £150 deposit (BA). I’m willing to risk the deposit and balance wouldn’t need to be paid until 3 weeks before, at which point we would have a better idea of the position. We have a 6 year old and 1 year old. I don’t think the masks would be an issue for my DD.

This wouldn’t be a once in a lifetime trip. I know the experience would be a bit different with masks and no parades/ fireworks but as this would just be a little bonus getaway I kind of don’t mind that.

Would anyone be tempted to book? Or is this madness and I need to step away from the laptop?
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Keegan
Apprentice Imagineer

If people can afford the testing requirements and the risk that it could turn Amber/Red when you're away so are willing to isolate on the return or pay for the hotel isolation should it turn red. I don't see why not, everybody is different and open to different risks.

The traffic light system is very similar to the air bridges last summer, should cases rise or a variant of concern be detected they will move down the traffic light at governments discretion.

I'm holding off and hoping to rebook for December time. 3rd time lucky!
Keegan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
kitjos
slightly serious Dibber

Lol, i like your style .

Honestly, its a gamble of which im sure you know of. It could go either way at the moment although the leaked info on traffic light system does seem positive for USA . You will be close to the mark of going IF we get the go-ahead from May 17th, but you'l also be one of the first to go .

Im more of a 'do it!' kind of gal, so that's my answer - mainly due to limited commitment of a small deposit (we have done the same for Oct with BA). Just be aware that there may be testing involved for all party members over 2yo so add some £ for that and possible hassle (as im sure all of us will go through at some point)

For me, just to be in the Floridian sunshine is a win, even with a limited experience in the parks xx
kitjos is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
GMickeyB
Excited about Disney

I would say that's a BIG gamble, but you never know it could pay off, and if you aren't bothered about masks then go for it!
GMickeyB is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

As you sound aware of all possibilities,then why not?.Have a great time if you get to go!
nadya is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
juless77
Imagineer

your the same as us ,go if you can and you are aware of it all, we can all dream thats whats keeping us going at the moment x
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Feb 2010
Hampton Inn Pointe Orlando Sept 2011/2013
juless77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Good for you. I'm still hopeful for June. Someone has to be first!
EssexSue is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
katy341
Imagineer

We should be going may 25th thankfully we can amend with tui (despite prices bring crazy!) We would have gone 25th May 100% however, we see on the availability calendar that HS is not available at all for our entire stay and MK is starting to fill up too. Serves us right for not sorting tickets but I didnt really think it would go ahead...flights were too much of a bargain!

We are amending today and will pay the 900 extra🙈 for October x
katy341 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
cd900
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I know... huge gamble! And I’m generally quite risk averse but... £150 I’m willing to risk. We’re ok to pay for testing and I’m hoping that it’s unlikely the US would go from green to amber or red within literally a couple of weeks of travel being allowed. When I think of the possibility it fills my heart with happiness!
Old 6 Apr 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Please go,it means then I can get to go on the 4th June
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List