Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 10 May 21, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
A shame it was so busy at the party, but Cooper does look pretty pleased with all the candy.

The dinner at LTT looks amazing, it's another we were supposed to do last year. The ooey gooey toffee pudding just looks delicious.
Lol! Cooper enjoyed collecting all the candy, we did give a lot of it away as there was just so much. I think if we had attended a party on a later date it would not have been so crazy, I think it was because it was the first MNSSHP of the year and every single person in Florida attended!

Oooh I think you would love the ooey gooey toffee cake, it is definitely something to look forward to on your next trip. Xx
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 21, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
RPR Check-in Chick Fil A

It was check out day at POFQ, we had enjoyed our stay (even though we were a day late!). They resort was a great size and the pool area was lovely. We decided to have the morning at HS and had a ball. We do love the new Toy Story area, Slinky Dog coaster was a highlight!

We paid a visit to the Mall at Milennia, I needed to stock up on BBW before we had lunch. They had a good sized food court and we let Cooper choose lunch, he loves Chick Fil A so it was an easy choice. The boys both had burgers and waffle fries and I had a spicy southwest chicken salad. It was delicious and filling.

Last two pics from the internet my salad looked nothing like the pic.

Check in at RPR was easy and we were on level 2 in the tower next to the pool. Was super handy to walk out to the walkway to IOA and Universal and the room was refurbished. We spent the evening at IOA and managed to do all our favourite rides ( got to love the FOLP!) We shared a frozen butter beer- I love these!

We stayed until the park closed then headed to Margaritaville for a very late dinner. It was heaving but we managed to get a table out on the back deck. We ordered nachos for Adam and I to share and Cooper had a Cuban sandwich with black beans as his side. For drinks Adam had a beer, Cooper had a sprite and I had a frozen cocktail- maybe a strawberry margarita?

Our nachos were cold, so the cheese was completely congealed, we just pulled the top corn chips and cheese off and ate the ones underneath, we were starving. Cooper really enjoyed his sandwich but it was huge and he couldn’t finish it. The drinks were fab. back to the hotel after a super busy day.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 21, 06:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
The Outlets, Bahama Breeze LBV and Culvers

So it was a shopping morning, we went to the Vineland Premium Outlets and then LBV outlets. I honestly can’t remember what we bought but we all love to shop!

Lunch was at Bahama Breeze at Lake Buena Vista, Cooper had empanadas, I had coconut prawns and Adam had the skirt steak churrasco. We also shared guacamole and corn chips. The boys had sprite to drink and I had the classic margarita, it was awesome but strong! It wasn’t really busy and all our food was delicious- I love coconut prawns and I wish you could find them on menus here!

We spent the afternoon at Universal and flew through all the rides - yay FOLP! Then caught the hog warts express over to IOA. Enjoyed more rides (the boys love Hulk, I’m happy to hold the bags after riding it once and coming off greener than the hulk ) and then decided to leave the parks to head out for dinner.

Dinner was at Culvers at Orlando Park. We love this area as it also has a Hobby Lobby (for me) and Academy Sports + Outdoors (for the boys) nearby. You also pass a Super Target, Ross Dress for Less, Homegoods, Marshall’s, Dollar Tree and Dick’s Sporting Goods on the way there.

Culvers serves delicious burgers and frozen custard. You order at the counter and then they bring your food to you at your table. Feels like an upmarket burger joint (everything is made fresh to order)and the food does not disappoint. Adam always gets the same thing, a bacon deluxe butter burger and Cooper and I had crispy chicken sandwich, all with fries. Cooper and I had sodas and Adam had a custard with brownie, cookie dough and hot chocolate fudge sauce.

After a great meal, we headed to the shops, I loved strolling the aisles at Super Target buying things I didn’t know I needed!

Edited at 06:57 AM.
Old 14 May 21, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Millers Ale House and Voodoo Donuts

After cereal in the room, we had a great morning at IOA and then Universal and also managed to ride Hagrids - it was incredible!

Had a late lunch at Millers Ale House, we all had zingers and the boys had fries with theirs. I had a strawberry coconut mojito and it was amazeballs! Sorry only one pic of the zingers- I really miss these! Millers is our most favourite place in Orlando!

We spent the afternoon at the parks and got drenched again, got to love a Florida rainstorm. We picked up some voodoo donuts on the way back to RPR. They seemed to be more like cake rather than doughnut, the plain glazed one was my favourite and we ate them over the next couple of days.

We had a great day!

Edited at 06:58 PM.
Old 14 May 21, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Some really great offsite meals at restaurants we've never been to but many people rave about. Bahama Breeze and Miller's look fab. Plus your cocktails looked really tasty.

Oh and Voodoo donuts look yummy, not surprising it took you a few days to eat them all.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 21, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Some really great offsite meals at restaurants we've never been to but many people rave about. Bahama Breeze and Miller's look fab. Plus your cocktails looked really tasty.

Oh and Voodoo donuts look yummy, not surprising it took you a few days to eat them all.
Honestly Abby, I think you would love the cocktails at Bahama Breeze and Millers, the crazy thing is that the meals only cost the price of a tip at a Disney restaurant! Soooo inexpensive.

Yes, those donuts lasted us ages!
Old 14 May 21, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
Honestly Abby, I think you would love the cocktails at Bahama Breeze and Millers, the crazy thing is that the meals only cost the price of a tip at a Disney restaurant! Soooo inexpensive.

Yes, those donuts lasted us ages!
It's a fairly safe bet I'd like those cocktails as I'm not too discerning and will generally enjoy any alcoholic beverage placed in front of me.

A x

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 21, 07:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Amazing Animals Inc and Bubbalou’s Bodacious BBQ

Breakfast was cereal in the room plus our voodoo donuts. We had a great day planned, we were off to Amazing Animals for a private tour/visit. This is basically a rescue centre for all different types of animals, some native to Florida and others that were obtained illegally and then rescued/placed with the Staff at Amazing Animals. It was our first visit and we were super excited.

We really had the most incredible time and would absolutely visit again. It was interesting to hear about each animal and you could tell that the Staff really love what they do. Spending time with the sloths was a complete highlight for all of us.

Lunch was at an old favourite- Bubbalou’s Bodacious BBQ at Conroy Rd. This is located in a strip mall and is always full of locals when we visit. Adam had ribs, brisket fries and bbq beans, Cooper had a brisket sandwich and I had the ribs. It was all sooooo tasty and it is really reasonably priced.

Spent the evening back in the parks, I prefer early mornings or late evenings as it is so much cooler. We had ice creams from Florian Fortescue’s, Cooper had vanilla, I had butter beer and Adam had salted caramel. We really enjoyed these but they melt so fast! Sorry no pics.

Edited at 07:42 AM.
Old 15 May 21, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Frankie & gang
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Loving your trip report, I’ve just read all of it from the start! I so miss reading about people’s holidays, so thank you for posting.
Old 15 May 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Despite probably hundreds of visits to MK over the years the only parades we've ever stopped to watch are the Christmas and Halloween ones. I absolutely love the gravediggers and would do it again just to see them. Looks like Cooper got his tickets worth in sweeties
Millers is also my favourite and our traditional first night restaurant for zingers and beer
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List