Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 9 May 21, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile Wren White gloss kitchens

Hi
I’m going into wren today to look for a new kitchen. I quite like the white gloss look. Any pros and cons with it ? I’m I better getting wren to get and do absolutely everything to save hassle ?
Thanks 😊
Old 9 May 21, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

I had white gloss in my last kitchen. Fair enough the kids were older so no sticky fingers but I found it easy to look after, just had to wipe and dry/buff rather than leave to dry. It very reflected the light and was great in the darker room that we had. Have fun😉
Old 9 May 21, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

I have white gloss and not sure if I would again tbh.

We have cats and teenages and it looks filthy most of the time.

We use an antibacterial spray and tea towel to clean so really quick but it shows every marks, spill or streak.

I've recently been looking at kitchens withy mum and the trend seems to be away from gloss now and a matt/sheen type.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 09:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Hopefulholiday
Very Serious Dibber

Hopefulholiday's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We have a white gloss kitchen, I like it as very bright and fresh but it does show finger marks (ours in handleless) water splashes etc. I’ve got some e-cloths to clean it though so just need water, wipe with damp cloth and buff so no need for cleaning products. I only do a thorough polish every few weeks but the high traffic area, fridge door, coffee cupboard do need doing very regularly if the finger marks bother you - I try to ignore them
June/July 2019: New York, Riu Plaza & Orlando, villa Sunset Lakes, HRH
Hopefulholiday is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have a white gloss kitchen (Howdens) and thinking about it now, I wish we didnt! It shows every single mark, and no matter how much I clean it, there is always another mark or grubby fingerprints! With a dog, 2 teens who seem to be unable to wipe anything down, it always looks dirty! I am constantly spraying and wiping the units!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We have an old white gloss kitchen (15 years) and visitors often comment how new and shiny it looks. In reality, it’s well worn but it looks great at a glance or from a distance and makes the room brighter.

It’s due for replacement soon but would happily keep to gloss white.
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
top4
Imagineer

My friend had white gloss and she did say "Never again" ...constant wiping, marks show ,and apparently it constantly looked grubby .
We're in the process of ordering our new kitchen from 'DIY kitchens ' after Wren don't quite do what I'm after...
top4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 21, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by scotsprincess View Post
Hi
I’m going into wren today to look for a new kitchen. I quite like the white gloss look. Any pros and cons with it ? I’m I better getting wren to get and do absolutely everything to save hassle ?
Thanks 😊
I love our wren white units, what 8 love even more is i did all this without help

This was what i had to work with

This is what we ended up with

The black/carbon grey units are DIY kitchens nowhere near as good quality, and i had these specially made to sizes they cost nearly as much as the white kitchen units.
Pro's
well made 18months in no problems we use glass cleaner and microfibre cloth
All went together no issues NB:- lay everything out before finalizing.
The guy that designed it was great very helpfull and the only problem we did have he resolved (i added an insulation board and moved the boiler which threw the kitchen out 50mm) and 50mm in a kitchen as small as ours was huge.
We went with the quartz work top, love this so much. The guy that twmplated it asked all the right questions and made some great recommendations, my dad who has always worked in the building trade bohoo'd some of his advises, until the worktop was fitted and dad agreed his sugestions were the right ones.
Con's
Wren? none
Cda extractor is crap never again had it fixed twice
wouldnt buy anything from diy kitchens again the build quality between the 2 is night and day.

Advises:- square and level, make sure if you are doing the fitting make sure your units arnt just level but square this helps when adjusting the doors, i took 2 days fitting and making sure i was square i never adjusted any doors they are perfect.

Sorry for all the pic's , so prode of my achievement and result 👍

Good luck.

Colin
Old 9 May 21, 12:19 PM  
Link to this Post
colin39
Imagineer

Originally Posted by top4 View Post
My friend had white gloss and she did say "Never again" ...constant wiping, marks show ,and apparently it constantly looked grubby .
We're in the process of ordering our new kitchen from 'DIY kitchens ' after Wren don't quite do what I'm after...
Never again poor quality hinges badly made and assembled
Just pinned and doweled units no glue.
Wrens units were 2 pack glued and the hinges are a huge amount better
1 unit delivered damaged 4 times yes there qc before it goes into the truck is great, but when it arrives delivered by a 18year old that thinks he is driving for grand theft auto trying to evade the police the back of the truck looked like a seconds warehouse.
In the end i used parts from the damaged units to make 1 almost right unit and have had to live with it, no compensation or even a sorry.
This unit needed to be fitted first as the while wall lay out was set by this unit.
So i had to make do.
Good luck👍

Old 9 May 21, 12:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
I love our wren white units, what 8 love even more is i did all this without help

This was what i had to work with

This is what we ended up with

The black/carbon grey units are DIY kitchens nowhere near as good quality, and i had these specially made to sizes they cost nearly as much as the white kitchen units.
Pro's
well made 18months in no problems we use glass cleaner and microfibre cloth
All went together no issues NB:- lay everything out before finalizing.
The guy that designed it was great very helpfull and the only problem we did have he resolved (i added an insulation board and moved the boiler which threw the kitchen out 50mm) and 50mm in a kitchen as small as ours was huge.
We went with the quartz work top, love this so much. The guy that twmplated it asked all the right questions and made some great recommendations, my dad who has always worked in the building trade bohoo'd some of his advises, until the worktop was fitted and dad agreed his sugestions were the right ones.
Con's
Wren? none
Cda extractor is crap never again had it fixed twice
wouldnt buy anything from diy kitchens again the build quality between the 2 is night and day.

Advises:- square and level, make sure if you are doing the fitting make sure your units arnt just level but square this helps when adjusting the doors, i took 2 days fitting and making sure i was square i never adjusted any doors they are perfect.

Sorry for all the pic's , so prode of my achievement and result 👍

Good luck.

Colin
Colin. Really nicely done, well done on your work.

True words about being square. Far too much reliance placed on laser lines and spirit levels and then find the units are 'twisted' Always square up.

A good framing square is a good bit of kit to have. Preferably 2ft at least. Saves measuring the diagonals.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List