Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Apr 21, 07:26 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

Should I buy my dollars now?

Some of you might have seen the exciting news that my Florida countdown is only 2,000 days away (5th October 2026), so I'm now in full planning mode and not sure whether to buy my dollars now or wait until we go.

So should I buy my dolars now?
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
meboo
Imagineer

Mobile

Difficult one. If I were you I would buy $1 per day, and keep everyone updated on the highs and lows of the strategy. Maybe fill in a colourful spreadsheet ?
meboo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

You think 1st world countries will still be using cash in 2026? 🤔
We’ll all be using the chip we received with our covid vaccines 😱

Edited at 08:17 AM.
scooby99 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
enjibenji
Imagineer

enjibenji's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Go for it and if it gets cancelled due to covid just keep postponing, sorted 👌
enjibenji is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 08:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Keep an eye on the rate Mickey, if it is good buy a few. 2026 talk about forward planning . They do say chance favours the prepared mind. Also the 6 p method.

Edited at 08:07 AM.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mickey

I don't like being torn away from my currency exchanging in my Barbados mansion bought on the proceeds of financial forecasting as it's only 3.20am. We have the decorators in at the 5th Avenue penthouse at the minute.

But I certainly have time for 2020 Dibber of the year. Wait until November when we are getting ours as the rate then will be $2/£1 the best in years.

Did you watch Repair Shop a couple of days ago? Some guy took his GNM in for re-stuffing. Was it you?

Mick
Old 14 Apr 21, 08:28 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

Make sure you get it in cash in one dollar denominations and evenly distribute it into an envelope for every day you are there in preparation.

Or even better plan each day in detail now so you know what you will spend on each individual day.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

Check your crystal balls MH😁
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mickey house View Post
Some of you might have seen the exciting news that my Florida countdown is only 2,000 days away (5th October 2026), so I'm now in full planning mode and not sure whether to buy my dollars now or wait until we go.

So should I buy my dolars now?
That is clearly ridiculous Mr House!

With only 1999 days remaining, I would prioritise the booking of a Villa immediately and then wait for your flights to come out. According to DIBB Villa owners, bookings are apparently filling up fast and you must get in immediately in order to avoid disappointment!.. you will only have 1644 days before your return flight appears with BA and you can then book... or an even finer margin, 1619 days with other airlines and search engines (if you are planning a fortnight).

It is also sensible to weigh up the policies of mask wearing on this, rapidly approaching vacation. If staying on site, it may be worth asking Dibbers views on the likelihood of DDP being available.

With your foresight and your advance planning regimen, it is very easy to see why you were unanimously voted 2020 DIBBER of the year! You are an example to all.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 08:59 AM.
cornishfrogboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 21, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Omega1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Mickey

Did you watch Repair Shop a couple of days ago? Some guy took his GNM in for re-stuffing. Was it you?

Mick
I didn’t see that edition, but I did see the one where a GNM took his finder in for re-stuffing!
Omega1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List