Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 23 May 21, 04:51 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Summer 2021 trips (anything goes)

Thought I’d start a thread for people to chat about their upcoming summer trips to Florida that don’t have to be positively only, so anyone can come on and express concerns or general thoughts that aren’t restricted.

I ll start - we are hoping to go at the end of August and have time off booked and a dog sitter in the diary. We won’t book until we have the go ahead from both countries though

My concerns are that everything seems to be moving so slowly on both sides of the Atlantic and I would not be surprised if time continues to go by with no changes in restrictions
Old 23 May 21, 04:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

We’re supposed to be going 23/7. It’s a re-booking from last year and it’s been planned since 2018. Don’t know if eldest DS will be able to/want to come next year. Last year, was supposed to be out last big family holiday.

Fed up with the not knowing and I’m worried that if we do go, one of us will test positive.

Feeling quite fed up about it all to be honest.☹️
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
We’re supposed to be going 23/7. It’s a re-booking from last year and it’s been planned since 2018. Don’t know if eldest DS will be able to/want to come next year. Last year, was supposed to be out last big family holiday.

Fed up with the not knowing and I’m worried that if we do go, one of us will test positive.

Feeling quite fed up about it all to be honest.☹️
Yeah same here
I think it would be better if we just all had a date to work towards
I understand in this situation thats not really possible though :/
Old 23 May 21, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Not knowing is definitely the worst 😢. I keep swaying from we will 100% make it to we won’t get away again this year.
Apart from having our fly drive booked and some Universal tickets on deposit, I’ve not bought or planned anything else. I want to, but...
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Isaacsmummy
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

August 17 for us. Like everyone it’s not knowing that’s all consuming. Should be our first ever holiday as a family for our sons 6th bday let’s hope all our dreams come true
Isaacsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 09:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Sodick96
I want to go now!

Stay positive guys, we are going aug 11th for 3 weeks. I think it will definitely happen. We are fully vaccinated as of today. Everything is swaying to a July opening. The reasons why they should open are finally out weighing the reason why they shouldn’t. Just be patient guys. I had an email from a our friends in the US. He works high up for AA and they have been told to prepare for opening
Sodick96 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Isaacsmummy View Post
August 17 for us. Like everyone it’s not knowing that’s all consuming. Should be our first ever holiday as a family for our sons 6th bday let’s hope all our dreams come true
We re aiming for August 17th too
Old 23 May 21, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sodick96 View Post
Stay positive guys, we are going aug 11th for 3 weeks. I think it will definitely happen. We are fully vaccinated as of today. Everything is swaying to a July opening. The reasons why they should open are finally out weighing the reason why they shouldn’t. Just be patient guys. I had an email from a our friends in the US. He works high up for AA and they have been told to prepare for opening
Sounds good
Old 23 May 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Same date for us
Fingers crossed
Old 23 May 21, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
clanmacbeath
Imagineer

clanmacbeath's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We are hoping for early September but as the time draws closer Im now starting to feel a bit worried. Time is going past so quickly and I dont think much has changed in relation to the US opening up. In some ways it would be easier if we were told that we couldnt fly qnd we could rebook for next year. Trying to stay positive but some days its hard.
clanmacbeath is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List