Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 May 21, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

We always take cereal with us and have some lightweight plastic bowls. We buy milk from the resort shop too. You can also buy bread from the resort shop and use the toasters in the food court to make toast. Garden Grocer and Instacart are options for getting food delivered, or Uber to Walmart (we don't hire a car either). We just prefer to take stuff with us as it's cheaper, we know what we like and the space it takes up in the case going out is used for bringing back things we buy out there

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Manc1979 View Post
Get the groceries delivered to the resort
Ooh didn’t think of this, would they drop it at reception for us?
I had looked at it when we stayed at fort wilderness but didn’t consider it for more hotel type resorts
Old 28 May 21, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
aqualiv
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ilovedisney View Post
Hi

When we stayed at CSR, we had a garden grocery shop delivered. When offsite, we just get a cab to the supermarket.
I am another person that loves grocery shopping over there.
We normally buy cereal, cake, pastries, drinks and snacks to take into the parks.
Also breakfast is reasonable at CSR, depending on how many of you there are. If we had their breakfast, we didn'nt need lunch.
Hope this helps.
Thanks
I ll have a look at their breakfast menu as it would be nice to do that aswell
Old 28 May 21, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Thinking of doing this too. Last time we mostly had breakfast at our resort - which is an option for you. They will have snack type things like muffins and pastries, right the way up to a full cooked breakfast. But that can get expensive without free DDP!

So we are thinking this time of getting some porridge pots or breakfast bars.

Some of the airport transfer companies offer a free 30-minute supermarket stop on your way to the resort. We are thinking of doing this.
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
bronny
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Walmart or publix via instacart. We’ve also used Dizzy Dolphin who were great. We get cereal, muffins etc
POFQ December 2016
POFQ and Eagle Pointe - Sep 2018
Briar Grove villa, Hard Rock, wilderness lodge and Miami twice Christmas 2019

bronny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Angelbabe here on the dibb also does deliveries to your hotel. We have shopped online prior to our arrival, she then arranges to meet you at your Resort and drop everything off. I have found her to be lovely, very professional and super helpful (we had to rearrange delivery a couple of times as our flight was delayed by 48 hours). This would be an alternative to you catching an Uber.
Sparksy72 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 01:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SouthernMerida
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
We always take cereal with us and have some lightweight plastic bowls. We buy milk from the resort shop too. You can also buy bread from the resort shop and use the toasters in the food court to make toast. Garden Grocer and Instacart are options for getting food delivered, or Uber to Walmart (we don't hire a car either). We just prefer to take stuff with us as it's cheaper, we know what we like and the space it takes up in the case going out is used for bringing back things we buy out there
Newbie here I was reading the list of what foodstuffs you can and can't take into the US - have you ever had a problem with certain items?
SouthernMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by SouthernMerida View Post
Newbie here I was reading the list of what foodstuffs you can and can't take into the US - have you ever had a problem with certain items?
No, never. We don't take any fresh fruit, meat or dairy, which are the main prohibited things. Cereals, biscuits, crisps, breakfast bars, sweets, snacks etc are all absolutely fine. Just declare you have food when asked, you may or may not be sent to gave your cases xrayed (takes a few minutes), that way if you have accidentally got something that's not allowed they'll simply take it from you, but no fine etc as you declared the food

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JimmyCricket View Post
We used garden grocer they have a good selection and deliver to the resorts
Do they deliver to your room or reception.
Do you have a guaranteed time slot.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 21, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Individual cereal pots from ant supermarket about $1 each and buy milk fro the resort if no fridge.
We find milk expensive compared to the uk. They must pay their farmers a fair amount for the milk. Also milk tops are coloured different. I’m sure blue is semi skimmed. Might be wrong tho
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List