Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 10 Jun 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

My dd loves Loki(the character) I’m sure she’ll be watching this too.
I loved Wanda Vision and The falcon and The Winter Soldier, so might give Loki a go too 😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We thought it looked promising, but we loved wandavision and f&ws.
Old 12 Jun 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mixed reviews.
I found Wandavision awful and Falcon Winter Soldier dull as ditchwater.
These Marvel series tend to either be too slow burn and/or too tied up with the mythology of the Marvel Universe that unless you are are on top of it all, they are often not that enjoyable.
I do surveys for Disney+ and it’s interesting some of the questions they ask about these series.
Old 14 Jun 21, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Mixed reviews.
What did you think of the first episode of Loki? Did you also find that awful and/or dull as ditchwater? Or was it better?

Each to their own, but as a fan of the MCU movies, I enjoyed these TV shows. I don't think they were fabulous, but they were enjoyable. The use of old sitcoms for the first few episodes of WandaVision was a bit strange and probably put a few people off. And some of F&WS felt padded out with unnecessary stuff (eg. Sam's extended family and their boat) and so it was a little boring at times. It sort of felt like F&WS was originally pitched as a 2.5 hour movie but then adapted into a limited series.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 02:44 PM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 21, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I quite enjoyed it. First one is always a bit slow as there is a lot of scene setting. I loved Wandavision and really enjoyed FATWS, so have relatively high hopes for Loki.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
AntonyJ
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
Mixed reviews.
These Marvel series tend to either be too slow burn and/or too tied up with the mythology of the Marvel Universe that unless you are are on top of it all, they are often not that enjoyable.
I do surveys for Disney+ and it’s interesting some of the questions they ask about these series.
Ohhhh what sort of things do they ask you?
AntonyJ is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 21, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
shefox
Apprentice Imagineer

I wasn't mad about Loki, but it was only the first episode. I will watch the next one and see then.
shefox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Do you think you need to have watched the movies to watch Loki? I watched Wandavision and didn't really have a clue what was going on! 🤣
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by MillyMoo View Post
Do you think you need to have watched the movies to watch Loki? I watched Wandavision and didn't really have a clue what was going on! 🤣
I think you need to have watched at least one or two Marvel movies to know what's going on. These TV shows assume a certain amount of knowledge and love for the characters. These shows aren't about new characters starting brand new stories unrelated to the movies. Instead, they are continuations of storylines in the movies.

So, as a suggestion, I'd say watching the first Avengers movie would be a reasonable start. Perhaps maybe Avengers: End Game to see the bit where Loki escapes - although that is repeated in this first episode so maybe not required? Maybe watch the first or third Thor movies as well, because they have Loki in them (so does the second Thor movie but that be best avoided ).

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 21, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Today's episode was better. Got into it a bit more.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List