Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 10 Jun 21, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Not having DDP makes such a difference. We have the dining credits but I don’t think we will use any of that at Disney Springs.

I’d normally do a fair bit at Disney springs but next time I think we will do a couple of t/s meals paying OOP. We will do Homecomin as we enjoyed it last time and Rainforest Cafe as it’s a family favourite. I think it has some great Q/S options but on the pricier side of things. We may go to Earl Of Sandwich which is good value but my other favourite The Polite Pig I think I wouldn’t pay oop as I think you’d get a really good t/s meal offsite for the equivalent cost. D Luxe Burger is lovely but again I think I could get better for cheaper away from Disney Springs. Blaze does really get good reviews so it’s something I’d look at but we will probably get pizza offsite as well.

Oh for the days of free dining. I’d eat at so many places there if I had it. I’m sounding tight and I don’t mean to, having been offsite and onsite its just such better value offsite when paying oop.

Edited at 07:35 PM.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 21, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Originally Posted by MrsEgg View Post
If you haven't already have you thought about getting a Landry Card? if costs $25 but you get $25 credit loaded onto the card and if your birthday month falls while your away (they don't ask for ID) you'll also get a $25 free (I don't believe you can combine them anymore) but it also does get you to the front of the queue for Rainforst cafe, T-Rex, Yak & Yeti, Bubba Gump Shrimp.

Polite Pig, Chicken Guy & Blaze Pizza are all good for more quick service restaurants at DS.

Wine bar george is great, Homecomin too. I wouldn't go to the boat house unless on the dinning the plan as it is over priced IMO. The sushi at splitsville is surprisingly good too.

Thanks for the Landry Card hint, will get onto that one
Old 11 Jun 21, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
lynne6705
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Thanks everyone for the replies, some good recommendations, Homecomin sounds like a must do, that was on my list last year but couldn't get booked in and had forgotten all about it until all you lovely dibbers mentioned it, I had best make that the first one I try to book :-)
Old 30 Jun 21, 02:23 AM  
Link to this Post
kikimouse
Apprentice Imagineer

House of Blues never disappoint for me. Love the vibe and the food
kikimouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 21, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
RobandLynsey
Very Serious Dibber

Fontera Cocina is a firm must for us when we go. If you like Mexican it's delicious. Blaze as many have said is a must as well, proper Italian pizzas but choose your own toppings.
I have to say last time I went to Rainforest Cafe the food was good. It is a standard fair but not a bad price either.
Old 4 Jul 21, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We love Blaze, Disney Poutine but our firm favourite was Wolfgang Pucks 😭. On the pricier side we absolutely loved our meal at Morimotos. I think we’d even pay oop for that one.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jul 21, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
We’ve just booked for next year and we’re just thinking about some of these places to try.

Blaze looks lovely as does the polite pig.

Really fancy House of Blues.

We ate at Wine Bar George in 2019, we had the sharing board with meats and cheeses and paid oop, it was gorgeous.