Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jun 21, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

Although we would have liked the DDP and it would’ve saved money, I’m actually looking forward to not having it and don’t think it will cost us loads extra.

We’d like to go to the following TS (I’m sure some will change between now and next November though!), most of which we wouldn’t go to on DDP due to either not being on it or being a bad use of credits:

The Plaza
Homecomin’
Nomad lounge
Space 220
Baseline Taphouse
Yachtsman
Beaches & Cream
Via Napoli
Bull and Bear
Grand Floridian Cafe
Wine Bar George
Sanaa
Nine dragons
Yak and Yeti
Toledo
Jaleo
Ohana (if they bring back the shrimp!)
Three Bridges

The rest of the time we will eat QS and snacks. Don’t plan to go offsite other than for Bull and Bear really.

After taking into account the voucher and gift card, I think we need about $1200 in spending money over the two weeks (this doesn’t include souvenirs/shopping but we don’t buy much!). I’m pretty happy with this seeing as it’s under £500pp for two weeks and we will be eating everywhere we want to.
orlandoamber is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
Yes definitely although probably just two as my daughters only drink water. We say on holiday it’s fine but no interest in anything else. Saves a bit
I only really drink water at home, but am partial to their grapefruit lemonade and hot chocolate

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Mymemories
VIP Dibber

We enjoy having a TS meal every night and love a lot of what used to be classed as 2 credit places. We are definitely foodies and eating a nice evening meal is one of the reasons we love going to WDW.

For our 2022 holiday (fingers crossed) I’ve budgeted £500 per day for 5 adults for food. This includes breakfast (usually a coffee and bagel or danish in the hotel), a QS lunch, TS dinner and any additional snacks and drinks.
Old 13 Jun 21, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
$150 a day for 4 was what I was thinking initially as well with the credit on top. Looking at Disney prices over the last hour has really made me appreciate what we used to have!

Kobe is meant to be better than Teppen Edo. There is also Shogun on Idrive.
I think you would struggle at that tbh , add on the tip ( don’t forget Disney doesn’t show taxed prices either . )

2019 prices , not particularly the must do ts either . It soon adds up . Alcohol really bumps up the prices as well massively , which is why we never drink at Disney unless on Ddp .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I will have the dining credits which is about $61 per day. That'll cover a QS lunch and dinner and a snack or two. Will probably eat breakfast in the room.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
I think you would struggle at that tbh , add on the tip ( don’t forget Disney doesn’t show taxed prices either . )

2019 prices , not particularly the must do ts either . It soon adds up . Alcohol really bumps up the prices as well massively , which is why we never drink at Disney unless on Ddp .
Yes if we do decide on more Disney t/s meals then I’ll need to up the budget. Not big drinkers luckily.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 02:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I said the same and then looked at prices
I have a feeling I’ll be the same ☺️
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We used to eat mostly off site even if staying at a Disney resort. Breakfast in room with food bought from Publix etc. If buying in a theme park or resort it was the cheapest item on the menu and no snack food unless we took cereal bars with us, Maybe one table service meal for a special occasion such as Christmas day or a birthday. Would be hard to go to that now.
Lola is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyArab
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by bronny View Post
We will be using some of our credit for the refillable mugs at resort so hopefully that will cut down on using some of the credit for drinks as we fill up when leaving for the parks in the morning. We will also buy water from instacart. Xmas 2019 Garden Grill cost us £250 including tip for the 4 of us thanks to seasonal pricing. I have no desire to repeat that! We will only be doing Space 220 because our little boy is space mad. We budget about £100 a day on top of the credit.
Don’t forget you can get free iced water from any quick service dining restaurant. We always did this and never bought bottled water in the parks. Saved a fortune on drinks . 👋
DisneyArab is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 03:37 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by DisneyArab View Post
Don’t forget you can get free iced water from any quick service dining restaurant. We always did this and never bought bottled water in the parks. Saved a fortune on drinks . 👋
Yes, that's something we always do too, and it also means that you don't have to carry water around that just ends up going warm

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List