Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 Jun 21, 04:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Guppy
Excited about Disney

Guppy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
We're just doing 5 nights at Disney next year (as we will spend most of our holiday cruising in the Caribbean).

I'm used to DDP and will absolutely miss it, more than anything it's the reassurance and ability to not worry about wanting the most expensive item on the menu!

We definately want to do 2/3 signature meals in the evening, and then standard TS for the other nights. I've worked out a max budget based on this, along with snacks, breakfast, lunch & alcohol as about £250 a day for the two of us. We've got dining credits to help cover this and the rest we'll just pay for in cash.

We're hoping to go back in 2023 so hoping DDP will be back for then!
Old 13 Jun 21, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBC
VIP Dibber

MrsBC's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11
Restaurant Reviews: 50

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Guidebook Reviews: 1
We chose the Dolphin rather than a Disney resort, based on location and price. It was over £3,500 less than the Beach Club next door (where we usually stay), which more than covers food / drink costs! We're having 4 nights in a different hotel first so we'll eat off site then, and we've decided that we won't do Signatures this time, and try more QS restaurants with a few TS - especially if my taste and smell don't return, it seems such a waste paying for expensive meals if I cant taste them.
DCL Magic, DCL Wish
BOOKED - Beach Club Villas Sept '24, Disney Treasure Sept '25
TRIP REPORT INDEX
www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=835984
MrsBC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Originally Posted by gjdjud View Post
$150 a day for 4 was what I was thinking initially as well with the credit on top. Looking at Disney prices over the last hour has really made me appreciate what we used to have!

Kobe is meant to be better than Teppen Edo. There is also Shogun on Idrive.
Just to say we've done both Teppan Edo and Kobe both were great, no different to each other in our experience, apart from the $$$$

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 06:36 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Just to say we've done both Teppan Edo and Kobe both were great, no different to each other in our experience, apart from the $$$$
I’m one of the few that didn’t like Teppen Edo. Glad I tried it but wouldn’t go back. DW enjoyed it though.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 06:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Vanillapod
Imagineer

I can’t decide yet whether to push the boat out and book Beach Club or to go for the Swan and Dolphin. With not a lot in the way of perks, much as we love Beach Club, it does seem a huge amount of money now.
If we end up with dining credits we’ll most likely use them for Food and Wine festival and a few TS meals.
If we’re at the Swan and dolphin we’ll probably still book a few of our favourites but we’ll go offsite a bit more like we always used to. Tbh, that’s where the better food is but it’s just handy eating onsite

Edited at 06:49 PM.
Vanillapod is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
myaquarium
Imagineer

Maybe visit a few places downtown Disney early lunchtime for their specials. We will definitely be more choosy and less wasteful. Looking forward to the planning and challenge.
myaquarium is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Originally Posted by myaquarium View Post
Maybe visit a few places downtown Disney early lunchtime for their specials. We will definitely be more choosy and less wasteful. Looking forward to the planning and challenge.
Definitely. We always have loads of snack credits left over so we know we don’t need as many as we think.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

We always use every credit - we tend to do 5 Signature restaurants in a trip. Usually we have had a CS breakfast and then nothing till dinner.

Next time we are looking at getting breakfast bars or snacky things for the room, and saving our money for lunch instead.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Another thought would be ordering Kids QS meals instead of a regular QS meal.
Also, getting a larger sized snack to keep us going or get something we could share whilst in the Parks.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 21, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

We’ll definitely do less TS and we’ll drop our first morning tradition of breakfast at CRT 😔. We did get TS’d out on our 2018 trip and actually blew off our last few TS reservations, including Be Our Guest. Also, probably share a few more meals and less snacks. Pastries, etc for breakfast. Refillable mugs are a must. I know even if I say act like we have the plan, common sense will kick in and we will be more cautious in what we choose.
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List