Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 17 Jun 21, 11:32 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by youre-nicked View Post
Just had a look at the First watch menu and might have to check it out, this has my name written all over it:

ELOTE MEXICAN STREET CORN HASH
Two cage-free eggs any style atop fresh seasoned potatoes, house-roasted summer sweet corn and chorizo. Topped with fresh sliced avocado, Cotjia cheese, Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, chipotle crema and scallions. Served with fresh lime and warm wheat-cornblend tortillas.

Even have a couple of things for picky gluten free wifey

Finding about these alternatives is why I likke coming on here, thanks Donna
We also discovered Ovation Bistro just past Posner thanks to the DIBB. We now have dinner there a couple of times each visit.

Mick
Old 17 Jun 21, 12:14 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
We also discovered Ovation Bistro just past Posner thanks to the DIBB. We now have dinner there a couple of times each visit.

Mick
I haven't been there but it has a very good reputation locally. And it is locally owned rather than one if the usual national chains.
Old 17 Jun 21, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by youre-nicked View Post
Just had a look at the First watch menu and might have to check it out, this has my name written all over it:

ELOTE MEXICAN STREET CORN HASH
Two cage-free eggs any style atop fresh seasoned potatoes, house-roasted summer sweet corn and chorizo. Topped with fresh sliced avocado, Cotjia cheese, Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese, chipotle crema and scallions. Served with fresh lime and warm wheat-cornblend tortillas.

Even have a couple of things for picky gluten free wifey

Finding about these alternatives is why I likke coming on here, thanks Donna
They do have a far more innovative and often more healthy menu than most. I wish they would open on 192. Their growth is mainly in residential rather than tourist areas.
Old 17 Jun 21, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
I haven't been there but it has a very good reputation locally. And it is locally owned rather than one if the usual national chains.
Only three locations Donna and the owners were born and raised in Haines City.

If you like fish (I think you do as you're a Bonefish fan ) I can recommend the Tilapia Imperial.

We know where we will be having dinner on 26 November but will be driving a couple of miles further south to see Ovation again.

Mick
Old 17 Jun 21, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

The Perkins on 27 opposite Posner closed recently. Maybe 2019

Mick
I'm really sorry to hear this and Donna's view that Perkins is in trouble. They have been a staple for us since our early visits in the 90s. And they have been a massive supporter of Give Kids the World.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

Mick
We've been there a number of times having 'found' them back in 2016 on Tripadvisor. Always had friendly, efficient service and an enjoyable meal.
1991/92/95HI MGE;97Cali&Disneyland;98St Petes&Kiss;00C'water&Dixie Landings;02S'hern Dunes;05Coasts,Keys,Magic;06Indian Ridge;07Ind Ridge;08Sanibel&Ind Ridge;09Sarasota&Ind Ridge;10Sanibel&Ind Ridge;11Ind Ridge;12Sanibel&WestHaven;13W.Haven;14Sanibel&W.Ha ven;15Sanibel&W.Haven;15W.Haven;16Panhandle&Ashley Manor;16Loma Linda;17Sanibel&Loma Vista;18 Gulf Coast/StAg/W.Haven;19 Sanibel/Venice Bch/W.Haven
tiggers friend is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jun 21, 05:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by tiggers friend View Post
I'm really sorry to hear this and Donna's view that Perkins is in trouble.
Aw, what? Perkins is in trouble?

That's a shame. We've had some good meals at Perkins over the various times we've visited Orlando. Perkins may have been the first place I had, and fell in love with, delicious French Silk pie.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 21, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Aw, what? Perkins is in trouble?

That's a shame. We've had some good meals at Perkins over the various times we've visited Orlando. Perkins may have been the first place I had, and fell in love with, delicious French Silk pie.
I believe it is a whole chain issue rather than specifically the few left in the Orlando area. Hopefully they will survive, I don't know any details.
Old 18 Jun 21, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tiggers friend
Imagineer

Apparently Perkins filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection on August 5th 2019 and has subsequently been acquired by Huddle House (which is itself a restaurant chain). Huddle House has indicated that while some Perkins outlets will be closed there is no plan to rename either Perkins or Huddle House outlets and there is a plan to grow Perkins.

Remains to be seen if the Perkins format remains the same (or similar).
Old 18 Jun 21, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tiggers friend View Post
Apparently Perkins filed for Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Protection on August 5th 2019 and has subsequently been acquired by Huddle House (which is itself a restaurant chain). Huddle House has indicated that while some Perkins outlets will be closed there is no plan to rename either Perkins or Huddle House outlets and there is a plan to grow Perkins.

Remains to be seen if the Perkins format remains the same (or similar).
Thanks for researching it. That sounds like good news actually as loads of businesses survive Chapt 11 and make a fresh start.