Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 Jun 18, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
smnth134
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Originally Posted by janey85 View Post
We’re doing an indirect from bhx but it’s bhx - Glasgow then direct flight with virgin from Glasgow- mco? Maybe that would work for you? We figured it’s easier than driving to Manchester!
We’re doing this route in September and looking forward to trying it! We are also in North Birmingham Orlandoamber and the thought of a 20 min drive home when we land back at BHX, even with a long layover, was enough for us to go indirect.

Our flights were also £200 cheaper than direct from Manchester/Gatwick and Glasgow direct was more expensive on our dates - weird!
smnth134 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

Hi

There were my bits I weren't overly impressed with - I've been lucky enough to fly high end airlines recently such as Emirates, which I fully anticipated TUI to never live up to, but I expected to them to be in a similar market to Virgin since they're competing for the same business.

Check in and security (not TUI i'm aware) at BHX took forever. We arrived 3 hours before and took over 1:30 to complete. Secondary checks in the queue for check in by Serviceair about our bags, plans in America etc - I've never had this before.

In flight entertainment - the lack of movies compared to other airlines was shocking - why have video on demand and then have an outbound/inbound selection I have no idea. This was the first flight in a while where I've spent half of the flight listening to podcasts on my phone.

Plastic cutlery - we haven’t had this on an airline for quite some time and they only supplied one spoon, so you have to eat your dessert and stir your tea with the same spoon.

Food - One choice so it was either have it or don't. Food out of BHX wasn't bad, but back from SFB I left most.

Cabin crew pass items such as food, drinks, duty free over passengers heads seated in the middle seats - some of these large/heavy bottles of vodka - I’ve never seen this happen so frequently before. This alone isn't going to stop me from flying with an airline, of course it wouldn't, but just adds more into my mind about the image of the airline.

Our names weren’t on the coach transfer list at the end of our holiday and we had to plead with the driver to let us on and he made us wait off the coach for 10 minutes whilst he spoke to TUI - embarrassing and not relaxing!

Airport choice in Orlando - TUI is the only European airline that uses SFB rather than MCO for their flights in Orlando. It wasn't as much as an issue arriving and it was departing - over half of the shops and restaurants were closed and when the transfer meant we were sat there for 3 hours, it was rather tedious. MCO isn't great by any stretch of the immagination (or immigration ), but SFB is the worst airport I've ever flown from.

You may agree with my comments or they may not be enough to put you off, but I feel their competitors are better and we'd choose to go with them over TUI for the foreseeable future.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by VS075 View Post
Hi

There were my bits I weren't overly impressed with - I've been lucky enough to fly high end airlines recently such as Emirates, which I fully anticipated TUI to never live up to, but I expected to them to be in a similar market to Virgin since they're competing for the same business.

Check in and security (not TUI i'm aware) at BHX took forever. We arrived 3 hours before and took over 1:30 to complete. Secondary checks in the queue for check in by Serviceair about our bags, plans in America etc - I've never had this before.

In flight entertainment - the lack of movies compared to other airlines was shocking - why have video on demand and then have an outbound/inbound selection I have no idea. This was the first flight in a while where I've spent half of the flight listening to podcasts on my phone.

Plastic cutlery - we haven’t had this on an airline for quite some time and they only supplied one spoon, so you have to eat your dessert and stir your tea with the same spoon.

Food - One choice so it was either have it or don't. Food out of BHX wasn't bad, but back from SFB I left most.

Cabin crew pass items such as food, drinks, duty free over passengers heads seated in the middle seats - some of these large/heavy bottles of vodka - I’ve never seen this happen so frequently before. This alone isn't going to stop me from flying with an airline, of course it wouldn't, but just adds more into my mind about the image of the airline.

Our names weren’t on the coach transfer list at the end of our holiday and we had to plead with the driver to let us on and he made us wait off the coach for 10 minutes whilst he spoke to TUI - embarrassing and not relaxing!

Airport choice in Orlando - TUI is the only European airline that uses SFB rather than MCO for their flights in Orlando. It wasn't as much as an issue arriving and it was departing - over half of the shops and restaurants were closed and when the transfer meant we were sat there for 3 hours, it was rather tedious. MCO isn't great by any stretch of the immagination (or immigration ), but SFB is the worst airport I've ever flown from.

You may agree with my comments or they may not be enough to put you off, but I feel their competitors are better and we'd choose to go with them over TUI for the foreseeable future.
Thanks for your views. We are flying with them from BHX next year😉 so thanks😂😂. We have flown with them before fromEMA we didnt find them to bad. This time will be the first time we wont have a car, so using their coach. How early do they pick you up? Dreading it now.😣
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 05:00 AM  
Link to this Post
VS075
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by tomdan View Post
How early do they pick you up? Dreading it now.😣
I’m sure they’ll be fine - I have friends who have flown TUI and would again as they didn’t have issues. Each to their own.

We were one of the first to get picked up just over 5 hours before. The last pick up was about 4 hours before so we had an hour of driving round the Universal/International Drive area.
My experience on US borders opening day: https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1207820
VS075 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List