Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 15 May 18, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
LadyDebs86
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by LRMD View Post
Florida is the only holiday I go on and actually lose weight! Yes I eat loads on the dining plan but I do far more exercise than I usually do, I have a 9-5 office job and sit down all day, so two weeks walking around parks balances out food consumption!
This is me too, I have such a sedentary life at home that I end up losing weight in Florida, the heat also saps your appetite and me and my husband tend to share a lot of meals.

In response to an earlier question - no alcohol flights are included on DDP.
LadyDebs86 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dubgirl45 View Post
We love food and I have been reading a lot about it in relation to Disney.

We have the Dining Plan. Looking at the food reports etc. it seems like there is a HUGE amount of food. I don't know how I will resist most of it as it looks great.

But how on earth do people not put on very large amounts of weight in say a 2 week trip? Are there healthier / lower calorie options available?
I mean if you had 2 snacks and a dessert with dinner ( included) you could be having 3 desserts a day! And there is also the teeth issue ( with kids especially ).

We love to walk but it seems like you have to take buses to the parks, even if walking to them were an option the damage might not be SO bad.

Any tips/ advice? Obviously I don't have to eat everything but apart from that lol!

Or do I need to shed a stone in advance and enjoy putting it back on.
It looks like you're going in the Autumn when the food &wine festival's on. You can use snack credits for food on the stalls, then you could trade up TS meals for fine dining. There are some fabulous places to eat in both categories!
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 May 18, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Thank you, yes I was thinking we could use credits there. Sounds like my idea of heaven - walking around eating and drinking !

Think we will do Flying Fish and CG if I can get a reservation. Don't want to do too many signatures as the kids would probably prefer pizza!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_bell
Imagineer

miss_bell's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

We have just come back. I have totted up the miles we walked over the 2 weeks on my Garmin, we have walked 145miles. Weighed myself the day we landed and had gained 7lbs (not bad as we were on the QSDP and used up all our credits only bringing 3 snacks home with us). Weighed myself again this morning and I have already lost 4lbs, I suspect it was water retention. I did eat/drink what I wanted while I was away, no calorie counting.
1990 Motel 1991 I Drive 1995 & 1998 Villa 2003 Lindfields 2005 & 2007 SL 2005 Bahama Bay 2006 NBH 2008 Liki tiki Resort 2009 & 2018 POFQ 2011 & 2016 Cheyenne 2012 OKW 2013 Coral Cay 2015 SSL 2015 SSR&BCR 2019 WL 2016 & 2022 CSR 2014 & 2023 CBR 2024 ASMU

miss_bell is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Forkbeard
Imagineer

Per mile, 180 lb person burns around 100 calories. 120 lb burns 65 calories.

145 miles for 2 weeks is around 10 miles per day, or a 1000 extra calories for a 180 lb person per day.

Our lot were drinking frapps in Starbucks. Two, three a day. A mocha frappuccino weighs in at 500 calories.

It's easy to see how a couple of drinks alone can reverse the walking burn. So if the lovely Florida meals are more than your normal intake then on piles the pounds.

Reality is just so unfair
Forkbeard is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
Grace_1412
Excited about Disney

We try not to count calories or watch what we eat too much (its a holiday remember) but as people say you are walking a lot, we swim on an eveing, have a run early in the morninig before it gets hot and SSR has an excellent Gym, so we can fit in at least half an hour decent excercise to compendate.
Grace_1412 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 04:50 PM  
Link to this Post

It's one of the reasons I am thinking of upgrading from POFQ to AKL - they have a gym ! I never go to the gym but would like to use a treadmill.

I have read that weight gained quickly tends to be lost quickly . Hopefully that will be the case.

I'm not going to worry about it.We have never brought the kids to the US before and I can't wait.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 18, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dubgirl45 View Post
It's one of the reasons I am thinking of upgrading from POFQ to AKL - they have a gym ! I never go to the gym but would like to use a treadmill.

I have read that weight gained quickly tends to be lost quickly . Hopefully that will be the case.

I'm not going to worry about it.We have never brought the kids to the US before and I can't wait.
If you are not a regular gym goer then I wouldn't start on holidays to be honest. You would likely end up with sore muscles the next day and it's not worth being in pain when you have to walk around the parks all day. As you say it's a once in a lifetime holiday for your family so it is not worth worrying about a few pounds and dare I say it's not a good example for the kids to see their mam stressing out over food and being so afraid of gaining a few pounds that will be off anyway once you get home and back to normal.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List