Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jun 18, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile Blocked seats virgin

Hi all

So I was having a nosy on expert flyer yesterday and it suggests that some seats on our virgin flight are blocked rather than booked by customers. A few of these are bulkheads where skycots could go so totally understandable. Also classed as blocked are the front row of econ in the bubble. Is this likely? Does anyone know if/when these are likely to become bookable and also if there are age restrictions on those bubble seats?
We fly from gla on 27th Sept this year.
Thank you
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by toots82 View Post
Hi all

So I was having a nosy on expert flyer yesterday and it suggests that some seats on our virgin flight are blocked rather than booked by customers. A few of these are bulkheads where skycots could go so totally understandable. Also classed as blocked are the front row of econ in the bubble. Is this likely? Does anyone know if/when these are likely to become bookable and also if there are age restrictions on those bubble seats?
We fly from gla on 27th Sept this year.
Thank you
I dont think you can book bulkhead till just before as they keep them free for people with babies. We have just flown with Virgin and the bulkhead were only confirmed at check in.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by amandajane10 View Post
I dont think you can book bulkhead till just before as they keep them free for people with babies. We have just flown with Virgin and the bulkhead were only confirmed at check in.
I thought that for those ones. Totally fair enough. We flew when we was 12 weeks and had a skycot. It made a huge diff. She's 11 now so not sure she would qualify... or fit LOL.

I'm curious about the front row bubble ones. I just assumed they would have been purchased by dibbers lol
toots82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 11:05 AM  
Link to this Post
Toffee Lady
Getting Excited

Mobile

hi we were able to book the front row in the bubble when we went 2 years ago... don't know if it's changed since then.
Toffee Lady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
toots82
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Toffee Lady View Post
hi we were able to book the front row in the bubble when we went 2 years ago... don't know if it's changed since then.
Thank you. I did find it strange.
Old 9 Jun 18, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Kraken
Imagineer

The seats that normally show as blocked on Expertflyer are the pay-extra ones, so extra legroom rows & the exit rows. As above, the bulkhead rows are also blocked off for airport allocation so they can be given to passengers with babies for the skycot. Row 97 & 98 always show as blocked as these are crew seats that only be allocated to certain Virgin employees.

On particularly low-load flights, e.g. a an outbound flight on the last Saturday of Feb half term when demand will be low going out, but the flight has to go as the inbound will be rammed full, they may block additional seats die to load/weight balance of the aircraft. This avoids letting people select the seats then get disappointed when they have been moved due to load/weight balance.
Kraken is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List