Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jun 18, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

What’s going on with Sept/Oct 2019 bookings

I have been monitoring prices for AKL for next October and today when checking with Virgin it was no longer available for our preferred date of 5th October. Tried to search for dates either side and still no luck. I did a wider search across all hotels for dates in late September/early October and only hotels were the Swan and Dolphin.
I know there has been talk about Galaxys Edge ( which we are not bothered about) but don’t believe it will be open that early?
Does anybody know what’s going on? This was a trip for our 25th anniversary so will be a real shame if it does not work out.
Pans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Star Wars Galaxy edge opening
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

Mobile

There have been a few posts around this, the consensus is that it’s likely something to do with galaxys edge opening as Disney haze requested agents remove those dates!
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

Looks like we might have dodged a bullet here then. Seems to be no problem with booking earlier in September as long as your stay does not go beyond the 30th September. As it happens this would co incide with my wife’s birthday. We can always celebrate our anniversary when we are back. Plus it’s cheaper as well. Just waiting on some work stuff and we should then good to book!
Pans is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pans View Post
Looks like we might have dodged a bullet here then. Seems to be no problem with booking earlier in September as long as your stay does not go beyond the 30th September. As it happens this would co incide with my wife’s birthday. We can always celebrate our anniversary when we are back. Plus it’s cheaper as well. Just waiting on some work stuff and we should then good to book!
I'm the same. Going next year on 16th September and returning on 26th September. I did look at going a week later but it was about £300 more expensive so I'm glad I've booked those dates.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
mermaidhair
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I've now heard this is nothing to do with Galaxy's Edge and actually relates to the fact UK visitors are no longer going to be able to book this far in advance, but brought in line with what US visitors can book.

If people are still able to book Nov/Dec 2019 that would dispel the theory so I'm interested to know if those dates are also affected.
mermaidhair is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 06:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by mermaidhair View Post
I've now heard this is nothing to do with Galaxy's Edge and actually relates to the fact UK visitors are no longer going to be able to book this far in advance, but brought in line with what US visitors can book.

If people are still able to book Nov/Dec 2019 that would dispel the theory so I'm interested to know if those dates are also affected.
The Disney website still states today booking is up to the 30th November so it’s actually false advertising if that’s the case of above tbh. They have stopped taking bookings though from 1 Oct to Dec 19. Naughty of Disney advertising , and telling others to advertise and sell , something you can’t actually book .
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Pans
Excited about Disney

The only WDW hotels available are the Swan and Dolphin both for October and November so not sure its anything to do with bringing ourselves into line with our American cousins.Also not sure if Swan and Dolphin are “ full “ Disney resorts or just have Disney privileges.
Anyway early September looks a better bet in terms of cost.
Old 9 Jun 18, 07:07 PM  
Link to this Post
TigerGirl
Very Serious Dibber

I wonder if new October bookings will be allowed to go ahead before the $200 gift card deal expires?!?
TigerGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
act1980
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Pans View Post
The only WDW hotels available are the Swan and Dolphin both for October and November so not sure its anything to do with bringing ourselves into line with our American cousins.Also not sure if Swan and Dolphin are “ full “ Disney resorts or just have Disney privileges.
Anyway early September looks a better bet in terms of cost.
I don't believe those hotels have anything to do with Disney except being on Disney property.