Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 2 Sep 12, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Thanks so much for all your help. Will certainly plan for what we want to do and see what works out best. These may be ideal as i can't envisage us wanting to hop much, i much prefer to do one park one day then another the next IYKWIM x

2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
2024 - Menorca & Malta
2025 - Norwegian Fjords and Boston/NY
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 12, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
WickedPlans
Imagineer

WickedPlans's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stupet11 View Post
Surely a plan will help them know how many days the need for Disney and help them buy the amount of days they need - with extra days just in case if they so wish - so how was my post misleading? If they need 4 or 5 days at Disney they will waste money buying a 7 or 14 day pass
I wasn't criticizing. It is just a different opinion.

Lots of people claim that getting a 14 day ticket and only using some of the days means wasted days on the tickets. I don't think that it is as clear cut as that.
MYW tickets are best for some people.
Ultimates are the best for others.
The question of which is better is not a straight forward mathematical calculation.
For up to 5 days, it is fairly simple - the MYW will be better. Above that, will vary from family to family.

Of course a plan will help, I completely agreed with that.
Easter 2010, Florida Pines Villa - Avoiding Disasters, Lessons in Autism: Trip Report
Easter 2012, Sunset Lakes Villa - No Rest for the Wicked: Trip Report
WickedPlans is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Sep 12, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
stupet11
Imagineer

Wickedplans - EVERYTHING is a mathematical calculation, Stu (the OCD Accountant).

PS - yes, you are spot on, under 5 days MYW, over, prob a 14 day pass is best buy...and by doing a plan, however sketchy will give peeps an idea of this...eg, what other parks / activities they want to do... but I think we are saying same thing here, just in different ways!
stupet11 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 12, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Gary View Post
Re Park hopping,
in the past we've done Typhoon Lagoon in the morning, Disneyquest in the afternoon and then EPCOT for the fireworks in the evening.
This would be 3 days on MYW if you have not purchased the park hopping option.
Nope.

It would have been 1 day and 2 visits on a MYW ticket with the Waterpark & Fun option, as the others have said.

Originally Posted by WickedPlans View Post
That's a very misleading way of looking at it.

We used 2 days of our US/IOA 14 day tickets
3 days of our 14 day BG/SW/Aq tickets
8 days of our 14 day Disney tickets

We still bought the cheapest tickets for what we wanted and could not have done the same parks and number of visits for less.
Well, you could have bought a 2 day Universal ticket for less than a 14 day Universal Bonus ticket.

And you could have bought an 8 day MYW Base ticket for less than an Ultimate ticket. Or a 7 day MYW with Waterpark option ticket if one (or more) of those 8 days was just spent at a waterpark.

So, if you knew how many days you were going to spend at each of the parks, you could have saved yourself some money - admittedly only about £30 per person this year (so not much of a saving).

Of course, hindsight is a wonderful thing. Often we don't know quite how many days we'll spend in the parks before we go - especially first timers. Hence, for them, it's best getting a flexible 14 day ticket, as you say. But, if you do a rough plan and reckon you'll be spending less than 7 days at the Disney parks or less than 3 days at the other parks then it *may* be worth considering some cheaper options than the 14 day tickets, if money (rather than flexibility) is an issue.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 11:12 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 12, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread