Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Nov 17, 06:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

SHREKS OTHER1/2's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Question Help needed Please ..with UNITED Cancelled flight

Hi
Yesterday my daughter was suppose to fly Man to Newark 0900-12.00 landing .Flight cancelled at 9.15am .
Instead i had to rebook her Man- Heathrow - Newark ..most missed the flight due to no organisation on Uniteds part .She was fortunate enough to have help from a fantastic member of Virgin ground staff so made it to New York and got there at 9.37pm last night 9.5hrs late ..not major in the bigger picture but it is as she is only there 5 days now 4days :angry:
I filled out Resolver claim and now she has a email from United offering her some Customer Appreciation ...I dont want to click or should i ? Thats what i need to know ...i have 90 days to respond ...Has anyone been delayed and what do they offer ? As miles with them is not worth a penny to her .Would i be better to ignore and wait .Wouldn't normally bother claiming but its 20% of her holiday time and she wasn't offered any food or drink or any advise from anyone from the Airline
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas

Edited at 08:09 PM.
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
sprocket
Imagineer

Wouldn't she have been better off cancelling the trip and claiming the whole lot back via her travel insurance and then rebooking a new 5 day trip. Loosing 1 day out of 5 is a lot.
I am guessing United will offer vouchers, which are pretty worthless as you have to book your flights with United direct, which is usually the more expensive option.
Aug 2017 - RPR & AKL, Oct 2019 - HRH & BC
Oct 2022 - RPR, Poly & AKL
sprocket is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 02:21 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

Unfortunately not ..She is a Hairdresser and will not get anytime until Jan now .Also its her Birthday this week .And to top it off we managed to secure a Big Apple Greeter . Shes there now and making the most of it ..but just took a shine off it . Looks like no one has ever had a problem with United as no one replied ... Decided not to click the link will await the outcome of Resolver
05,07,09 Sandy Ridge 11 LA,Vegas,SF 12Miami,Sandy Ridge,AMI 13 Vegas 13 Miami,Disney,AMI,KeyWest 14 Memphis,New Orleans,AMI 15 West Caribbean Cruise & Keys 15 Miami, East Caribbean Cruise & AMI 16 Orlando & West Caribbean Cruise, 16 Barbados,17 MSC Caribbean Cruise AMI,17Georgia,Carolina,Orlando & AMI 18 Vegas ,LA & Palm Springs,18 NewYork,Arkansas ,Dallas 19 Barbados Cruise 19 Florida 20 Vegas,LA& Hawaii 20 Arkansas
SHREKS OTHER1/2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post
ELLENUT
Imagineer

Do you know why the flight was cancelled? She should get EU compensation anyway, not sure if thats effected by accepting another offer.. my guess would be yes though.
1992: Days Inn Lakeside 1994:HOliday inn Maingate East 2006:Pop Century 2008:Saratoga Villas 2010:Regal oaks 2013:Indian Ridge Villa 2015:BA Club,Disney,POR,Villa, RPR,2016 United business, Sunset Ridge villa 2019: Virgin, 4 Corners Villa 2023: CSR & 4 Corners Villa again!
ELLENUT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Wembleygal
Imagineer

Wembleygal's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
The Customer Appreciation link normally offers either points or a travel voucher (which needs to be used in a year).

I was recently offered a 100 dollar voucher or 5000 points for a 2 1/2 -hour domestic delay. You get higher offers depending on your FF status.
Wembleygal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ELLENUT View Post
Do you know why the flight was cancelled? She should get EU compensation anyway, not sure if thats effected by accepting another offer.. my guess would be yes though.
Plane went tech .. and couldn't be repaired awaiting part 😂😂😂 would have sent the DH if they had asked ... he is an aircraft engineer mechanic for a different airline lol
Old 22 Nov 17, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Wembleygal View Post
The Customer Appreciation link normally offers either points or a travel voucher (which needs to be used in a year).

I was recently offered a 100 dollar voucher or 5000 points for a 2 1/2 -hour domestic delay. You get higher offers depending on your FF status.
Yeah that's what I thought it may be ... going to see what Resolver come back with as United have accepted receipt of claim ... United points no good to us ...if it was Virgin I could deal with that ... got 90 days so no rush
Old 22 Nov 17, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Heilanger
Excited about Disney

We had our United flights cancelled a couple of years ago flying EDI - NEW - TPA. They cancelled them the night before we were due to fly putting it down to aircraft maintenance! We were gutted but got straight on the phone to them and they managed to get us a flight from GLA - PHI - TPA at the same time the next morning. It cost me a taxi to Glasgow an a hotel for the night but we still arrived in Tampa on the day we were scheduled just around 15 minutes later! Anyway sorry for the digress there!

We got offered $125 each as a sweetener which I never accepted straight away. I got in touch with their customer services in order to claim back the taxi and hotel by sending receipts and they offered the full cost or I could claim through the EU travel compensation scheme, which I did and managed to get the maximum amount each which I think was around 600 euros each. They would not do a bank transfer as it was outside the US but sent prepaid credit cards to each of us to the 600 Euros value which we cashed in at the cashline. I then claimed the $125 travel vouchers each and put them towards my flights for the following year.

I would get in touch with their customer services and claim the full amount under EU regs. Good luck whatever you decide to do :-)

Edited at 09:53 PM.
Heilanger is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 17, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SHREKS OTHER1/2
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Heilanger View Post
We had our United flights cancelled a couple of years ago flying EDI - NEW - TPA. They cancelled them the night before we were due to fly putting it down to aircraft maintenance! We were gutted but got straight on the phone to them and they managed to get us a flight from GLA - PHI - TPA at the same time the next morning. It cost me a taxi to Glasgow an a hotel for the night but we still arrived in Tampa on the day we were scheduled just around 15 minutes later! Anyway sorry for the digress there!

We got offered $125 each as a sweetener which I never accepted straight away. I got in touch with their customer services in order to claim back the taxi and hotel by sending receipts and they offered the full cost or I could claim through the EU travel compensation scheme, which I did and managed to get the maximum amount each which I think was around 600 euros each. They would not do a bank transfer as it was outside the US but sent prepaid credit cards to each of us to the 600 Euros value which we cashed in at the cashline. I then claimed the $125 travel vouchers each and put them towards my flights for the following year.

I would get in touch with their customer services and claim the full amount under EU regs. Good luck whatever you decide to do :-)
Thanks ..I did rebook them with the help of a Virgin colleague . And I have filed a claim .. hopefully she will get a payout and she can put it towards a holiday that she might get in full
I have told her to keep her food receipts as well as she got offered no vouchers for food or drinks .9.5hrs in total delays from cancelled flight and had to take an indirect instead of direct flight . Will wait and see .
Old 23 Nov 17, 05:56 AM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

United cancelled a flight I was on earlier this year with less than 24 hours notice. This was a 15 hour transcontinental flight. To their credit they automatically rebooked me on a different carrier - though it meant an extra stopover, and that I missed out on a day trip at one of my stopover points. They still got me to my final stop on time though.

They offered a $200 travel voucher which I guess will be incentive for my next long haul flight with United?

(None of these flights were in Europe so not covered under any compensation policies that Europe has!)