Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 6 Nov 17, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Bentley
Trainee Dibber

Universal AP Upgrade...

Hi All ,

Can anybody advise which Universal Tickets to purchase before we go, so that we can do the Annual Pass upgrade at Guest Services once we get there?

I saw that a recent Dibber managed to upgrade for $5 plus Taxes, but can’t find the post to ask.

Just looking at a sneaky trip at Easter as there are some fab flights up for grabs.

Thanks,

Jo
Old 6 Nov 17, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
If you get the 3 park 2 week pass in the Uk you can upgrade when there . We got 2 park preferred passes which have no blockout dates as we are going at easter and they were about £80 each.You get free parking and 10% off food etc To add on VB was another $100 each. The basic pass with blockout dates are about $5 to upgrade but if you are there at Easter you will need the dearer ones.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020

Edited at 04:58 PM.
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Bentley
Trainee Dibber

Brilliant thank you :-)
Old 6 Nov 17, 09:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Jessika
Apprentice Imagineer

We bought the 3 park 2 week UK passes and upgraded for just over $5 per ticket to seasonal annual passes. We are going back next August.
Jessika is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 09:31 AM  
Link to this Post
rambocat1974
Very Serious Dibber

We're going 16/8 to 23/8 next year and have plans for 3 weeks in 2019.

I'm considering upgrading to an annual pass next year on our last day (23/8), so presume the expiry date be 22nd Aug 2019?

Rob
rambocat1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Nov 17, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
crowie
Trying for More Ears

Originally Posted by rambocat1974 View Post
We're going 16/8 to 23/8 next year and have plans for 3 weeks in 2019.

I'm considering upgrading to an annual pass next year on our last day (23/8), so presume the expiry date be 22nd Aug 2019?

Rob
Only if 23/8/18 is the first day you use your Universal tickets in 2018. The annual pass upgrade kicks in from the first day you use your current tickets.
crowie is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
rambocat1974
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by crowie View Post
Only if 23/8/18 is the first day you use your Universal tickets in 2018. The annual pass upgrade kicks in from the first day you use your current tickets.
That's disappointing, first day will be 16/8, which means we'd be forced to do Uni for the first 7 days of our 3 week trip in 2019!
rambocat1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 12:18 PM  
Link to this Post
pegasus928
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

What is the big deal with upgrading once there? We always buy APs before we go as we already know we will be going the following year.
Am I missing a trick?
pegasus928 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 07:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirsty2tt
Excited about Disney

I have tried this morning and been told no we can't do 2 park upgrade as we have done volcano bay has anyone else managed to get any? Do I lie and say I haven't been to volcano bay?

Update to say I have managed to upgrade at islands of adventure. The man was very helpful and didn't question doing it. I think it all depends on who you speak to.

Edited at 07:24 PM.
Kirsty2tt is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 17, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Kirky123
Imagineer

Kirky123's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Kirsty2tt View Post
I have tried this morning and been told no we can't do 2 park upgrade as we have done volcano bay has anyone else managed to get any? Do I lie and say I haven't been to volcano bay?

Update to say I have managed to upgrade at islands of adventure. The man was very helpful and didn't question doing it. I think it all depends on who you speak to.
IT definitely does depend on who you speak to. We tried to upgrade in August when we were at US, the lady we spoke to told us exactly what you were initially told. Unfortunately we foolishly accepted what she said and did not try again.

Fast forward a month and I kept seeing these threads about it only costing$5 to upgrade. I was quite annoyed as we are intending going back to stay at the RPR again for four nights within the 12 month period next Aug.

I contacted UNiversal and explained that I was very disappointed as I had been advised incorrectly about upgrading. A lovely lady contacted me allowing us to upgrade our tickets when we arrive at the RPR next August to the 2 park seasonal pass.

Edited at 08:56 AM.
Kirky123 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List