Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 4 Jan 18, 04:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
<sigh>
Typical Brits ... how can I manipulate breaking the law to get an extra free drink. The alcohol was included at no extra cost but I'm sure if it is abused enough the perk can be revoked !
Why not just respect your hosts laws ? Just as I'm sure you expect American visitors to respect our laws when they visit the U.K.!
Don’t think they’re trying to break the law, just get an extra drink for an adult not for a child
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 04:34 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

I am not trying to 'break the law'. That would involve me allowing my underage children to purchase or consume alcohol.
Neither am I trying to manipulate, I am pointing out that under the current management of QS credits, Disney has no way to enforce the rule.
The management that Disney themselves have created would be easily fixed if they created a third tier to the dining plan child, u21 and adult or even just a 3rd tier to credits.

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023

Edited at 04:38 PM.
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
dismadbrit
Imagineer

dismadbrit's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Originally Posted by duchy View Post
<sigh>
Typical Brits ... how can I manipulate breaking the law to get an extra free drink. The alcohol was included at no extra cost but I'm sure if it is abused enough the perk can be revoked !
Why not just respect your hosts laws ? Just as I'm sure you expect American visitors to respect our laws when they visit the U.K.!
As in ?
Old 4 Jan 18, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Huskies
Very Serious Dibber

Huskies's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
I am not trying to 'break the law'. That would involve me allowing my underage children to purchase or consume alcohol.
Neither am I trying to manipulate, I am pointing out that under the current management of QS credits, Disney has no way to enforce the rule.
The management that Disney themselves have created would be easily fixed if they created a third tier to the dining plan child, u21 and adult or even just a 3rd tier to credits.
Maybe they will be set as children credits and adult edits and once your adult ones have run out then thats it.

Plus kids would be forced to have children Qs meals maybe this is what they have planned.
Old 4 Jan 18, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

The adults and childrens credits are already meant to be seperate but from what I read you can still order adult qs with kids credits.
My kids will be 10, 12 and 20 (20 year old is our disabled daughter who has no interest in alcohol thankfully)
So they are all on the Adult qs meal plan with Adult park tickets.
The kids menus are for under 9s ? I think thats right, cannot remember.
If they still havnt properly sorted out child from adult qs credits I dont know how they will set about sorting young adults credits from older adults credits.
I am looking forward to seeing what drinks are included both alcoholic and non alcoholic. My princess loves a mocktail. ☺

DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Sept 2013. DLP, Sequoia lodge, GF, Oct 2014. DLP, Santa Fe, May 2015. DLP, Sequoia Lodge GF. May 2016. DLP, Sequoia Lodge. Aug 2017. Les Alicourts Resort 2017 WDW, Caribbean Beach Resort. Sept 2018 Camping La croix du vieux pont 2018 DLP, Sequoia Lodge, GF. Aug 2019.
WDW, Port Orleans Resort, Grande Villas Resort, Cabana Bay Resort. Aug 2022 DLP, Davy Crocketts Ranch. Aug 2023. Les Alicourts Resort 2023
minnie moomoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 05:04 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Originally Posted by nicohna View Post
Does anyone know yet if you get an alcoholic beverage with a QS meal on DDP?
Everyone over 21 on the dining plan will be entitled to an alcoholic drink (where served) at both qs and ts meal. So, for regular dining plan or qsdp, that will be 2 "free" alcoholic drinks each day.

Also as I understand the alcohol situation, the credits will be counted and if there are 2 adults (over 21) and 2 under 21's in the group, half the credits will allow alcohol, and half no alcohol. So, if someone gets 2 drinks each meal (using an under 21 credit) for the over 21 person at each meal, by the second half of the holiday all the alcohol allowed credits will be used.

Under 21's will have an increase choice of drinks (non-alcoholic, as US law states) to include specialty milkshakes, mocktails and hot chocolate (which my 18 year old is really looking forward to )
DisneyDaffodil is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie moomoo
VIP Dibber

Thankyou DisneyDaffodil. Thats really helps. So its as if the alcoholic drink is a separate credit linked to the meal credits. So we will have 6 soft drink qs credits per day and 4 alcohol allowed qs credits per day between 5 of us. I have a feeling milkshakes and moctails will be a highlight for them.

Old 4 Jan 18, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Does anyone know if the wine and beer ‘flights’ will be on the DDP or are they too expensive?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 05:23 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Huskies View Post
Maybe they will be set as children credits and adult edits and once your adult ones have run out then thats it.

Plus kids would be forced to have children Qs meals maybe this is what they have planned.
The problem with that is that children's credits are only for ages 3-9. Children aged 10+ get the adult dining plan. So they really need to create an under 21 adult credit.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jan 18, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Tynxuk
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by minnie moomoo View Post
Thankyou DisneyDaffodil. Thats really helps. So its as if the alcoholic drink is a separate credit linked to the meal credits. So we will have 6 soft drink qs credits per day and 4 alcohol allowed qs credits per day between 5 of us. I have a feeling milkshakes and moctails will be a highlight for them.
We are in the same situation with 2 of our 3 children on 'adults' credits but the eldest (14yo) only drinks milk and water so even the refillable mug is wasted on her!
Tynxuk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List