Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 4 Mar 18, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
gazzastag
Getting Excited

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
For 2019 it will be full price. I would wait to book until the offer is released to get any add ons such as the gift card. The price may also drop slightly as it occasionally does for some resorts.
Thanks for that. Will wait and see. Cheers
gazzastag is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 18, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
buzzbox
Trying for More Ears

You say no offer is really free yet Disney state it`s free dining but it`s not lol, so it is a bit of a con but done in a legal and nice way, I`m not really complaining and have booked the so called free dining plan, and the so called free nights, simply because one of these not really true free offers happen to be on every time we want to book because we like going to Disney, but you have now said yourself, none of these offers are really free but Disney say they so there you go, that`s all I wanted to clarify in the first place, thanks for your input.
buzzbox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 18, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by buzzbox View Post
You say no offer is really free yet Disney state it`s free dining but it`s not lol, so it is a bit of a con but done in a legal and nice way, I`m not really complaining and have booked the so called free dining plan, and the so called free nights, simply because one of these not really true free offers happen to be on every time we want to book because we like going to Disney, but you have now said yourself, none of these offers are really free but Disney say they so there you go, that`s all I wanted to clarify in the first place, thanks for your input.
They are free in the respect that the other option is rack rate. So you get either the free dining plan or free nights. They are giving you something free in the respect that you don't have to pay for it. I was simply trying to say that they're costed in to the top line, just the same as every other company costs special offers and discounts in to their prices - it's just business practice and marketing. Not a con at all IMO, just the way companies work.

You were trying to say that dining isn't free as they increase the prices when free nights ends to compensate for it. It doesn't actually work like that as free nights comes after free dining. They're 2 completely separate offers and need to be treated separately. Both are based on rack rate prices.

If you want to think it's a con though, then that's entirely up to you

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19

Edited at 02:27 PM. Reason: typo
loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 18, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
disney_daddy
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Its free in the respect that when you choose your grub and go-to pay you scan this gizmo on your wrist then walk away without handing over a dime. Also shows on my travel invoice as having cost £0 to add to the holiday. Hope that helps ☺
Old 5 Mar 18, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
blainy
Apprentice Imagineer

The fact is that free DDP can be made to be a fabulous offer. For some, it's the certainty of budgeting, for others encouragement to plan the holiday more thoroughly - which I know for some people also means loss of spontaneity. There are so many possibilities for using your credits, wisely or unwisely or both. For us, planning next year at Food and Drink festival time, we have the chance to use snack credits to create mix and match dinners in Epcot and around that dine mostly in fine/signature restaurants, perhaps 6 nights out of 14, with a few counter dinners in the parks. If we were planning to pay as we go on top of a discounted room rate, both of these options would SEEM very expensive, whether or not they actually cost more or less than free DDP. So if it works for Disney it works for me!
blainy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 18, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
magicofflorida
Very Serious Dibber

magicofflorida's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
Accommodation prices during the free dining promotion are fixed, so there's no benefit in waiting to book. If anything, you might find it's more expensive to book later as standard rooms can sell out quickly which leaves only the more expensive room categories available. Also, the value of the gift card reduces as the promotion goes on. It normally starts at $200, then goes down to $100 in early July, and finishes in October, a couple of weeks before free dining ends.
Do Orlando Attractions include the $200 gift card?
magicofflorida is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 18, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by magicofflorida View Post
Do Orlando Attractions include the $200 gift card?
Yes they do

loves2plan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 18, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin68uk
Helping Minnie

Just a different question, i can see prices now for disney hotels for 2019, does anyone know historically if the price goes up for ddp in april? May as well book now if it does. Thanks
kevin68uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 18, 11:22 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by kevin68uk View Post
Just a different question, i can see prices now for disney hotels for 2019, does anyone know historically if the price goes up for ddp in april? May as well book now if it does. Thanks
Historically, they pretty much stay the same. Some even go down. A few may go up by a little bit, but certainly not enough to cancel out the value of the dining plan.

Old 5 Mar 18, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
kevin68uk
Helping Minnie

Cheers, 2 love a plan 😁
kevin68uk is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List