Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 11 Jun 18, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney_time
Imagineer

Disney_time's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Just revisiting the thread to update.

On boarding at Glasgow, the Samsung Tablets were in holders on seat in front and Bose QC headphones were already on the seats. The only pain was that they collected them in 45 mins before landing each way, so on the way back, I didn't take one of theirs as I have my own Samsung Tab and Bose QC headphones anyway. We had 6 flights this holiday on AA and for the other flights I used AA's app and watched the same movies that were on the tablet through their wifi. This was free for IFE and accessing AA's website and I didn't buy a package for other browsing. Being able to use AA's app was brilliant to track the flights as we had a long delay at FLL, followed by a tight connection at PHL and once on board, the app luggage tracker told me that our bags were actually loaded and coming to Glasgow with us which we didn't expect.

Lounges: we visited a lounge at PHL outbound which was huge and may have been the Admirals Club, but memory is a bit hazy. We were given 2 drinks vouchers but gave them away as we didn't want alcohol and were certainly not going to tip just to collect a bottle of water from the bar (I know I'm a mean Scot). We just had coffee and snacks.

The flight: this was a Boeing 757 narrow body and fortunately (contrary to Warkman's post above) did indeed have lie flat beds in Business cabin. I found them slightly narrower at the shoulders than BA's Club World, but on lying down it was comfy enough at shoulder and hip to sleep on my side (which BA's seats definitely are not). The bedding was also comfier. No mattress pad, but nice pillow and large duvet-like blanket. The seat storage was also good with a little shelf and bottle holder behind the left shoulder, and another couple of shelves. I think the window seat would be more difficult to climb out of than a BA Club World window seat if your seat-mate was reclined, also seat privacy for single travellers is not good but travelling as a couple it was fine.

Food: All great - large portions and we had pre-ordered main courses on the website. Cutlery was full size and drinks were served in nice glass tumblers. The starter, salad and main were all served on same tray and they brought the dessert later- ice-cream sundae! Nice mugs for tea and coffee.

We definitely would use this route again, except we usually travel off season and I believe this route only goes in the summer. There was also a downside to arriving in Glasgow at 7am which was that we had to spend an entire day in a jetlagged stupor before being able to give in at 10pm and go to bed. Other times we have arrived at Heathrow, had a shower and then waited for a flight to Glasgow, meaning we were kept awake and moving, but I guess that's minor - all the washing was done by lunchtime!