Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 8 May 18, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty0910
Getting Excited

Hi, I booked online on Friday and it was in some small print (not obvious at all). It did print out under 'extras' on confirmation and had this:

Congratulations! The £150 Florida spending money offer has automatically been added to your booking. When there’s four weeks or less until you depart, just head into your nearest TUI Holiday Store and you’ll be given a Travel Money Card with US dollars loaded onto it. Information and T’s and C’s can be found online at tui/destinations/in...-special-offer

2007 - Grand Floridian/St Pete's Beach, 2011 - Dibb Villa Champions Gate, 2014 - Dibb Villa Sunset Lakes/Miami/Naples/Anna Maria Island/Clearwater, 2016/2017 Universal Sapphire Falls, 2019 - Caribbean Beach Resort
Scotty0910 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Dreaming
Getting Excited

Dreaming's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We was offered the £150 in store by TUI but they was very reluctant to give it us! We only got it because we said we was going to use the quote against Virgin and book with who’s cheaper and they started offering stuff then! And then played Virgin back at there own game and got Vroom free. Being cheeky works! 😂
Dreaming is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

I’ve messaged them today - seems that I booked too early by 10 days and have missed the offer so I’m on their case to honour it for me...fingers crossed but knowing Tui I’m not hopeful
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by ElsasGloves View Post
I’ve messaged them today - seems that I booked too early by 10 days and have missed the offer so I’m on their case to honour it for me...fingers crossed but knowing Tui I’m not hopeful
Unfortunately I think you are right. Applying a later offer to your booking is something TAs rarely (if ever) do. Every time you book a holiday it’s in the lap of the gods whether the price will be cheaper, or more expensive in the future.

I suspect TUI realised they were losing a lot of bookings - VH seem pretty reasonable for next year at the mo (I’m happy with mine) so they’ve had to react.

Good luck but don’t expect good news.
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
fraser301
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
I have never been to Florida with Tui before although have used them for other holidays, thought would give them a go for next years Florida trip. It doesn't mention the $200 Disney voucher anywhere, so just wondered if anyone had the voucher for this year from last years booking and how you retrieved it.
We have just returned from Florida with Tui and no you do not receive the gift card. On another note you will not qualify for the free dining plan if you have a 14 day for 7 day ultimate ticket. Bizarrely I have an email which categorically states that they will only honour one promo i.e the tickets. Despite the fact on their website lines 6-12 it states that the free DDP is linked to these tickets. Needless to say I am pursuing this discrepancy through ABTA
fraser301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 18, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
ElsasGloves
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by fraser301 View Post
We have just returned from Florida with Tui and no you do not receive the gift card. On another note you will not qualify for the free dining plan if you have a 14 day for 7 day ultimate ticket. Bizarrely I have an email which categorically states that they will only honour one promo i.e the tickets. Despite the fact on their website lines 6-12 it states that the free DDP is linked to these tickets. Needless to say I am pursuing this discrepancy through ABTA
There is currently a Tui offer on bookings for 2019 where you will get a £150 currency card that you can pick up in store 4 weeks before departure. It came into effect on 1st May this year for all bookings from May to September next year.
Unfortunately I booked on 21st April so am likely to miss out
Sorry to hear of your dining plan difficulties
ElsasGloves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 18, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Originally Posted by fraser301 View Post
I know that is technically right as there is no option to add free DDP when booking the the "14-for-7" ticket offer.

However the free DDP with 14 day tickets are EXACTLY the same price as 7 day tickets. So in effect the same thing.

You MUST make sure when choosing that you choose the option for tickets and free DDP.

Bizarrely, there are options for just the tickets (no free DDP) which costs exactly the same so not sure why anyone would willing choose the options without.

Edited at 02:06 PM.
MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jun 18, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Mrs Valentine View Post
Oh OK thanks, a bit disappointing as the price for PE was about the best. The $200 was a nice perk.
Did you get the $200
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List