Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 13 May 18, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

It’s not somewhere I’d book to eat but it’s a shame to stop it as it’s obviously very popular.

Originally Posted by jocesk View Post
The linked article is not from Disney. I don't personally think it's true.
The tweet is from WDWToday which is “The official in park twitter feed for Walt Disney World live updates and answers” so they are very reliable!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Steffib
Having Dinner with Goofy

Mobile

I read a rumour on twitter today that it might be reinmagined as a character dining place...no idea if it’s true or not but thought i’d pass it on!
Steffib is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninja
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 142
Well we have been here twice on on recommendation of the skillet which we love & whilst we haven't so much joined in the shennanigans, we enjoy watching it all It will be a shame if it stops, but think we will still eat here for the skillet next year
Also, if you don't want to join in, just turn your counter from green to red
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
To be honest I find that more plausible than the change being due to people complaining. I don't think that makes sense.

Of course there are awkwards, but most people are reasonable people, like us on DIBB, and if a restaurant doesn't appeal you don't go. You don't petition to change it. Whispering Canyon is not my thing, so I don't go. Some people might not think that, say, Victoria and Albert is to their taste, or maybe they don't like the Japanese offerings at Tokyo Dining, but then they will go somewhere else. No reasonable person, and most of us are reasonable, feels inclined to petition for a change in style for a restaurant that does not personally appeal to them.

I have seen no evidence that Disney is responding to complaints, they said they are just thinking about their service offering. They do this from time to time, they are about to change BOG for example, nothing to do with complaints either.

I think if bookings are down that there will be a rethink. I am inclined to think they might lose more business than they gain through a revamp. On the other hand, maybe they will come up with something that is just as attractive for guests.
Why what are they doing to BOG?
Ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
Why what are they doing to BOG?
Dinner is changing from 1 table service credit to 2 credits and it’s a fixed price menu, there’s more detail/photos on the dfb here.
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Shooby doo
Imagineer

Shooby doo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 12

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Like others I wouldn't see the point in going here just for the food! My skillet, last time, was just a pan full of fat & bones & our server was pretty pants! We still talk about our first visit, DS would have been 9ish, by the time his second lemonade came it was in a massive jar with a straw about 5 feet long!
What I don't understand is, it's hardly a secret what goes on at WCC so if you book it, you should know fully what to expect!
SD
Raddison Inn LBV '92,Comfort Inn LBV '94,Residence by Marriott LBV '98,Comfort Inn Kids Suite LBV '99Springhill Suites LBV '01,Summerfield suites LBV '03 ,Holiday Inn Sunnspree LBV '04 ,Staybridge Suites LBV '06 ,Caribbean Beach WDW '08 DVC= WLV +SSR '12,SSR '14,SSR +US Royal Pacific '15 SSR '16 AKL/SSR '18 WL/SSR'19 SSR '22
DVC Owner Extraordinare-SSR
Shooby doo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
Like others I wouldn't see the point in going here just for the food! My skillet, last time, was just a pan full of fat & bones & our server was pretty pants! We still talk about our first visit, DS would have been 9ish, by the time his second lemonade came it was in a massive jar with a straw about 5 feet long!
What I don't understand is, it's hardly a secret what goes on at WCC so if you book it, you should know fully what to expect!
SD
Totally agree..Our Skillets looked like a plate of food for your pet dog..Id rather go to 50's for the food and the fun..
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Shooby doo View Post
SD
If I hadn't read about it on here recently I wouldn't have known about it. A lot of people on here are first timers and there are many like myself who haven't been for donkeys years. So for a lot of us it is/was was a secret. I think some people on here forget that we're not all regulars and sometimes come across as quite patronising and look down on those of us who don't know it all.

Edited at 10:36 PM.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
EPCOTFANROD
slightly serious Dibber

Glad the antics have finished. Made me so nervous I couldn’t enjoy my dinner.
1994 Days Inn-1996 Inn at Maingate-1999 Quality Inn International-2003 Doubletree Universal-2005 California-2008 CBR-2010 Clear Creek-2011 Clear Creek 2012 East Coast Road trip 2013 Doral Woods 2014 Whispering Oaks 2016 Lindfields 2018 Lindfields 2019 Doral Woods
EPCOTFANROD is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 18, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by neilhd View Post
Has anyone else seen this?

wdwnt/2018/05/no-more-ke...n-shenanigans/

Seems like the boring brigade have put a stop to fun at Whispering Canyon Cafe!
from the link

Paul C
May 12, 2018 at 11:54 AM
All I can say about this is GREAT!

I remember my first visit to WC (just after the lunch rush while we waited for our room to become available and the restaurant was maybe half full) in which I asked for ketchup and of course a dozen bottles came to the table. I must admit I didn’t get the humor but still thought well of the concept, especially the wooden stick horse parade for the kids. But when someone from another table asked for ketchup apparently it was my job all of a sudden to stop talking to my family (who just arrived and were busy planning our first day), drop my silverware and i-phone (opened to My Disney Experience app of course), and deliver ketchup to the table that was requesting it. No one briefed us at reception that this was going to be a requested duty of it’s patrons. Well anyways, when I get to the table which had 4 able body adults (2 men, 2 women, no kids) ranging in age from 25-45 I was met with an extremely rude attitude from one of the women who said “about time” as she snapped it out of my hand… I was taken aback a little by her comment and didn’t think she was serious at first… I tried to feel them out by making a little chuckle and a smile and said, “we just got here and are a little tired from our flight, and it’s our first time here at WC”… which was met with a “jeez” and a shaking of the head by the same woman while the others just stared with a look of angry condemnation and indignation… I just walked away not wanting to start my vacation by telling someone to @#%&*@# and didn’t mention it to my family till later that day… We all agreed we wouldn’t eat there again, if for no other reason than that experience, but we also didn’t think much of the food, or all the yelling anyways… I remember thinking how horrible it would be to have a room in ear shot of that place… I also thought about elderly people having to double as waiters for other ungrateful people like the ones I had to deal with, all while paying huge amounts of money to stay there… I’m glad to see this ill advised idea go, and must say I’m not surprised… at all!

Paul doesnt sound a happy bloke
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 May 18, 06:39 AM  
Link to this Post
bighal
Imagineer

Mobile

This has happen 3 times in the last 11 years apparently. It was always soon after a new manager took over and within a few months the new manager was gone and it was back to its old self. Bookings will drop off a cliff as people go for the atmosphere and the fun. On US sites there are loads of complaints and people will be cancelling thier reservations IF it goes a head and becomes quiet. It's the inly reason we ate there in the past and again in the future. Same reason why we didn't eat in Liberty Tavern once they removed the characters.

As to any one not knowing about the antics it is sort of mentioned on the Disney webpages and you cannot miss hearing it when you walk past or are waiting for a table. You could have always ask not to be be bothered and sit in the quiet area. I been in noisier restaurants with more kids running around rhat should be quiet ie Cali Grill which has spoilt my meals than eating at WCC.

Next Trip Feb '24
Jun98 Apr99 Dec99 Apr00 Mar03 Jun/Jul04 Dec/Jan05/06 Jul06 Dec06 Jun/Jul08 Jun/Jul09 Jul/Aug11 Sep13 Jun/Jul14 Nov15 Sep16 Villa/BWV May18 Villa/BLT/AKL Sept19 Villa/AKL Feb/Mar20 AKL/SSR Sep22 AKL Apr/May 23 CS/CC/AKL Nov 23 SSR Feb/Mar 24 RR/BR
bighal is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List