Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jun 18, 07:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by elle10 View Post
This is all very strange. I can understand if they want to bring it in line with the US sales ie 500 days in advance but you’d think they’d start that on release date. Not release Oct, Nov &Dec and then pull them.
Have they ever done this before?
Is this definitely to do with Star Wars? I hope not, it’s going to be crazy busy. Oh well, it is was it is. Glad I’m already booked for POFQ in Oct 19, it’ll be interesting to see the prices when they release them again.
No they’ve never done this before (or at least not the years I’ve ever booked), it’s to do with Star Wars. Thing is, even though that will no doubt be a huge crowd puller, it doesn’t necessarily mean all the other parks will be rammed, although really there is no real quiet time to do Disney, unlike years ago. There are times when it’s not so busy but it gets busier year on year.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 07:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by elle10 View Post
This is all very strange. I can understand if they want to bring it in line with the US sales ie 500 days in advance but you’d think they’d start that on release date. Not release Oct, Nov &Dec and then pull them.
Have they ever done this before?
Is this definitely to do with Star Wars? I hope not, it’s going to be crazy busy. Oh well, it is was it is. Glad I’m already booked for POFQ in Oct 19, it’ll be interesting to see the prices when they release them again.
No they haven’t done it before , but would you think it’s fair to offer another country priority booking over your own ? It is probably Star Wars and they now the demand will be huge so global same day release is probably the only solution.
If it is Star Wars will you still go at that time? It’s interesting to read all over threads that they hope it isn’t but I bet they don’t cancel there already booked dates. curiosity often gets the better of people
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 07:58 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Jim Hill from the touring plans podcast said that an insider said that Disney’s true intention is to open Galaxy’s Edge on Dec 21st - they are benefiting from calling the opening period “late fall” so that the bookings surge during a longer period, even though it will not be open.
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 08:02 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I am now thinking that i might want to postpone by a year, not because of prices because disney will never get cheaper, just not keen on the crowds- i think people will be waiting for hours before the park opens, like they did when Harry Potter opened. I think the only way will be to stay onsite and grabbing that 60 day fastpass for a decent experience.
mickeymouseears is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Clare
Imagineer

Clare's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 6

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
No they haven’t done it before , but would you think it’s fair to offer another country priority booking over your own ? It is probably Star Wars and they now the demand will be huge so global same day release is probably the only solution.
If it is Star Wars will you still go at that time? It’s interesting to read all over threads that they hope it isn’t but I bet they don’t cancel there already booked dates. curiosity often gets the better of people
Agree, I have a number of friends who are really panic’ing about staying onsite with SW potentially opening.

My mum and I are still going but as we only want to visit MK and Epcot, can’t do the big/popular rides for health reasons (more just strolling around), we’ve opted for a split US stay (again no big rides but Mum loves US for the movies/atmosphere) and a hotel close to Disney (either Waldorf or Four Seasons). We’ve both loved staying onsite at Disney but over the years as the Disney resorts have got busier and busier we’ve found the service not up the standard it was, just my opinion of course.
Clare is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
tomdan
Imagineer

Mobile

Well, as others have said hopefully there will be 1 busy park😂😂😂
tomdan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by Clare View Post
Agree, I have a number of friends who are really panic’ing about staying onsite with SW potentially opening.

My mum and I are still going but as we only want to visit MK and Epcot, can’t do the big/popular rides for health reasons (more just strolling around), we’ve opted for a split US stay (again no big rides but Mum loves US for the movies/atmosphere) and a hotel close to Disney (either Waldorf or Four Seasons). We’ve both loved staying onsite at Disney but over the years as the Disney resorts have got busier and busier we’ve found the service not up the standard it was, just my opinion of course.
I’ve started another thread but as I see it even if you defer you are going to get caught in the Star Wars crossover with the 50th which will be unbearable to say the least imo.
I have offsite and onsite booked as a back up ( last visit for mum so wanted a few days onsite but considered dumping that booking tbh) . We are now firmly considering universal with a 7 day pass to Disney just to see Star Wars. So many decisions to make . I agree about the resorts though , they really are overpriced already.
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 08:40 AM  
Link to this Post
mickeymouseears
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I thought the 50th is in 2021. If you go in 2020, there will be no crossover?
Old 9 Jun 18, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
zdickens
Imagineer

zdickens's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
We’re booked for 6-20 November 2019, just hoping it opens after we’re back. If it does open before we will only do some of the Toy Story Rides and that will be it. If we can’t get those we will just avoid HS.

Oct 2022 - California Tour, Nov 2019 - Disney’s AKL & RPR, May 2017 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2014 - Disney's OKW & HRH, Oct 2012 - Disney's POFQ & HRH, Sep 2011 - DLP Hotel Cheyenne, Nov 2010 - Disney's CBR & RPR, Oct 2008 - Disney's All Star Movies & HRH, Nov 2006 - Disney's All Star Sports, Oct 2000 - Holiday Inn Nikki Bird (Kissimmee), Sep 1996 - Quality Inn International
zdickens is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
Originally Posted by mickeymouseears View Post
I thought the 50th is in 2021. If you go in 2020, there will be no crossover?
If Star Wars doesn’t open until Dec 19 then it will be Manic for 12 months followed by the 50th . It won’t be quiet for a long time after 2019.
Sept 24 POFQ