Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jun 18, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
missbeehiving
Trying for More Ears

We’re booked at the BC from the 17th, and won’t move our booking as it’s over half term.
missbeehiving is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:41 AM  
Link to this Post
ginstar76
Excited about Disney

We’re there from the 17th too 😀
ginstar76 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
LoopyDisney7
Excited about Disney

I am in two minds about whether we want to be there or not.

We won't change though. If it is announced as opening before / during our trip i think we might look in to buying the 90 day fastpasses to have more of a chance of getting to see it all and brave the crowds throughout the trip.
LoopyDisney7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Fatboyslick
Apprentice Imagineer

Fatboyslick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 7
We've chosen to not go next Autumn due to the prospect of Star Wars being packed. I wonder how mental it will be during UK off season - will US families be taking their kids out of school to go?
And Summer 2020 will be even worse as it will be UK families desperate to go.

To be honest, Star Wars has taken a massive shot in the foot with Solo as people are starting to complain about "too much" of it. Will it dampen people's desire? Not sure - if the new rides/attractions aren't as good as FOP then i wonder if people will be rushing to it?

Disney Land... Disney Land Paris
May14, Sep15... Mar17
Fatboyslick is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 11:59 AM  
Link to this Post
princess-momo
Apprentice Imagineer

we've booked for end of Sept (22nd) we won't be moving those dates. If it opens then fab, if not we're not entirely bothered. Don't get me wrong i am a fan of Star Wars but it's not going to be the be all end all of our holiday.
princess-momo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
missbeehiving
Trying for More Ears

I’m rather hoping that if I work backwards from our last day that we might get some FPS!
missbeehiving is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Adultdisneyfan
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Not sure I understand the panic.

So much can happen in 12 months. All it needs is a bad hurricane/tropical storm season this year or next and construction will be put back.

We are booked for 30th Nov and no way am I changing
Adultdisneyfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
signtalker
Imagineer

We’re booked from 18th September to start of Oct, I’m hoping it may be open, my brother is a massive Star Wars fan, and he only booked hoping it would be open , my life won’t be worth living if it’s is isnt lol

I’m not to worried, I’ll just go with the flow, if it’s busy it’s busy , just plan accordingly

Jules
signtalker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Mexy02 View Post
With the current Oct 19-dec19 booking fiasco I’m interested to hear as we are really hoping Star Wars does get confirmed its opening Oct 19, but I’m reading from many threads from people who booked on dining release day they don’t want it to open then , so will you cancel or move your dates ? If so to earlier as after it’s open it will be busy for a long time especially with the 50th coming up?
I didn’t realise there’s a fiasco - what have I been missing ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 18, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

I don't think you can compare Toy Story Land and StarWars. Whilst woody and co are attractive to families the StarWars fan base is massive and predominately adult so more disposable income to see it as soon as possible and a physical capacity and willingness to stand in line for longer.
I think the first month or two will be insane however I do not think the impact on the other parks will be significant .
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List