Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 6 Jul 18, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Friday'sChild View Post
Cinderella's Royal Table and Biergarten at Epcot. Hated the fact that we had strangers on our table and the food even more!
I'm going on a solo trip in September and I suspect there will be occasions where I will have to sit with strangers in a restaurant and they will have to sit with me. It's like people saying they don't like sitting with strangers on flights. Again on my flight to MCO I will have to sit with strangers and they will have to sit with me. it won't be an issue flying back to Gatwick as I'll be flying upper class.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
theCMG
Imagineer

theCMG's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I'm going on a solo trip in September and I suspect there will be occasions where I will have to sit with strangers in a restaurant and they will have to sit with me. It's like people saying they don't like sitting with strangers on flights. Again on my flight to MCO I will have to sit with strangers and they will have to sit with me. it won't be an issue flying back to Gatwick as I'll be flying upper class.
I agree. And Biergarten is supposed to be a Bavarian beer/dining hall and show. I've been to those and you either fill a table of 8-12 or you share so its authentic in that regard. Going this time (for the atmosphere and entertainment) and will report back on the food lol I suspect it will not be great
The Prisoner of Vineland Mall (2019) Orlando passion, romance and fine dining...ok so it's mainly eating
Scream if you want to go Fatter! (2018) This report contains images some dieters may find distressing!
The 12 Days of Easter (2015) Rumoured to contain up to one good joke. Let me know if you find it
theCMG is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 10:16 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
We paid Oop for the flying fish 2 years ago.so excited to go and food was just average and set us back nearly $300 .The following night we went to The bonefish Grille and had 3 outstanding meals for $70.
Flying Fish was outstanding last year, preferred it to Victoria & Albert! (In terms of what you get for your money) 😂
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
chippyminton
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
Worst ever 2006
Mamá Melrose

Plate of greasy pasta
Insipid dessert

Expectations 8/10.

It’s only Italian after all how difficult is that

Reality 0/10

Personally speaking, I’m not convinced that the restaurants at WDW are that special. Many menus do look repetitive. Generally though on the whole I’ve always enjoyed my dining experiences except Mana Melrose.
For balance, we ate at Mama Melrose in 2017 and it was one of our best meals for both food and service.
chippyminton is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Rose and crown...great service and view and worth it for that if on dining plan.. but Oop? Never! Food poor at best 😞
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jul 18, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by jemima2 View Post
Rose and crown...great service and view and worth it for that if on dining plan.. but Oop? Never! Food poor at best 😞
To be frank the last place I would go is Rose and Crown. I can have pub food all year long, if I'm thousands of miles away I'd rather try something else! 😜
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather
Imagineer

CRT - never again! My DD booked a table here for my birthday a few years ago. ADR was at 6.00 p.m. and we arrived at quarter to. At quarter to 7 DD asked a cast member if she knew how much longer we would have to wait and was told not long! At 8, after asking a number of times, we were still waiting! Asked to speak to a manager and were told none available and could not say how much longer we’d be waiting! We left and went to Guest Services. They phoned CRT and told us they would have a table for us if we went back. As it was my birthday dinner we did and there was no chance of anywhere else. Big mistake. We were shown to a table at the back of the room, the waiter practically threw our meal on the table and made sarcastic comments all the time. The manager did come and apologise and gave us some FPs as compensation but they could only be used that night and it was already after 9.30! Then the waiter came back with the bill and when we pointed out it had been prepaid he tore it up and threw it on the table! Never again!r. And after all that the food was no better than our local pub!
Old 7 Jul 18, 06:49 AM  
Link to this Post
hornetgirl
Imagineer

For us it was Narcoossee's. We were staying at the GF and I'd read so many glowing reports on the Dibb that our expectations were sky high and booking it seemed like a no brainer.
The reality? It was nice enough but nothing special, maybe 5/10. Certainly not worthy of signature status. There are lots of other places we'll be trying before we return. It was very chilly in there too.
Old 7 Jul 18, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Bayshore
Imagineer

Bayshore's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 5
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We have had much nicer (and better priced obviously) meals outside of all the parks.

At the end of the day, Disney is a theme park/resort so I don't really expect anything much beyond theme park food. I also expect to be ripped off. Even for just burgers etc, paying OOP is ridiculously expensive there.
Bayshore is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jul 18, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
gjdjud
GEORGE

gjdjud's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 26
Ohana. Been 3 times and just never delivers. To be fair some of that is down to behaviour problems by family members but always found service poor and always a long wait to get seated.
gjdjud is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List